Friday, June 1, 2012

Follower Friday

Anyone else jealous of those headed to the Fat Quarterly Retreat this weekend?
I know I am! Hope you all have a fabulous time!
We're back in action this week with a new follower..


Heidi!
Specs:
Name: Heidi Staples
Family: I share a home with my husband, three daughters -- affectionately known as Bunny (5), Bear (3) & Mouse (1½) – and my parents. We all bought a home together four years ago, and it’s been a great situation for us.  We have a lot of fun!
Location: Southern California
Blog: www.fabricmutt.blogspot.com
Etsy: n/a

Former job: elementary teacher for nine years/assistant principal for one year
Day job: stay-at-home mom
Dream job: stay-at-home mom with free maid service


What are you working on now? I just finished Watercolor, my entry for the Bloggers’ Quilt Festival, which I really enjoyed putting together. At the moment I’m working on the project for my stop on the Let’s Get Acquainted Blog Hop which is starting up this week thanks to Beth from Plum & June. You can check it out here



Favorites:
Place: There’s no place like home.
Movie: Pride & Prejudice – the Colin Firth version
Food: Mexican
Way to spend a Friday night: going to the local outdoor mall to have dinner and walk around with my family


Fabric line: Maybe Reunion by Sweetwater? My favorites change a lot!
Color: I’m loving the aqua/red/grey combination right now.
Designers: Melody Miller, Heather Ross, Kate Spain, Denyse Schmidt, Sweetwater

Project completed by you: Every project has its own special memories attached to it. I really loved this little mini quilt that I made a few weeks ago for my daughters using strips of Heather Ross’s Mendocino. It was such a soothing process, and I loved looking at the colors of the fabric while I worked.


Project when you need a quick finish: anything from Zakka Style – the greatest book for gift projects EVER! I love how you can tweak each one to end up with a completely different look depending on the fabrics and colors you use.


Least Favorites:
Color: I’m not big on neon shades.
Fabric line: I can’t think of anything off the top of my head…just as well since I know I’d end up offending someone!
Project completed by you: Some of my early stuff bothers me since I know that I could do it better now, but it’s a good reminder that we grow as we learn. You have to start somewhere.

Big plans for 2012?
I feel like I’ve learned so much already this year. It’s been great to participate in some group projects in the last few months; I’d love to do more. I also really want to make a quilt for my bed this summer. It’s a little daunting to think of running a queen size quilt through my little machine, but I’m determined to make it work!

Thanks so much for letting me share, Jennifer!!

------------------------------------------------------

Thank YOU so much for participating Heidi!
As always, if you'd like to be a part of Follower Friday
please email me at

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Nice to meet Heidi!
    One more sleep until Retreat, sorry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Heidi's blog and her projects! It's great to get to know more about her and her family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring Heidi, great to know more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to get to share here today, Jennifer! You're the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to learn more about Heidi! Thanks for featuring her Jennifer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to learn more about Heidi! She has some good tastes =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...