Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sew Happy Geek QAL Finish

In January of this year I started my first QAL
If you've never joined a Quilt-a-Long I definitely recommend you do!
finished blocks
I managed to stay on task and finish these in the weeks they were assigned

finished quilt top in time for the link up party at the end..
but then it sat in the pile
and sat
and sat
until I started my crusade to complete the quilts in the pile
and now..
 Finished!
one more to add to the list

 I decided to quilt in a diamond and ripple out from there
Backed and bound with flannel to give it that little cozy extra

This quill is destined for my aunt's living room
after she saw me quilting it and claimed it as her own :)



:)

15 comments:

  1. What a great finish, Jennifer! Beautiful colors and I love the quilting you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks amazing!! Love the colors they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most excellent QAL quilt. Your aunt is a lucky woman.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt looks great! I love the cool colour palette =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the diamond quilting! It completes it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo, well done, and lucky aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! So beautiful! You did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! And great job keeping up on the QAL - that's always something that's tough for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Quilt! Love the quilting too and the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for another finish!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you quilted it! Gorgeous finish :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, it looks fantastic! I adore the diamond motif. You did a wonderful job & I'm so pleased you joined the QAL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job! I'm working on this quilt right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilt is beautiful!! :) and congrats on winning the charming travelers. Can I ask what state you live in so I can update the map? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...