Wednesday, June 13, 2012

W.i.P.

Phew, its Wednesday which means 2 more days of school!
It also means not much sewing is getting done
but I have some projects that i've started that I will be working to complete over the next few weeks

Memory Quilts
Some of you may remember this quilt made for my grandparents last Christmas
Well, it created such a stir i've had requests for customized quilts!
(I'm taking more requests as well, so email me if you're interested)

This is the first one, getting started

The 2nd one i'm waiting for feedback on the edited pictures

I'm also working on a t-shirt quilt for a friend
Anyone have any feedback on these kinds of quilts?
It's my first one, I'm thinking of sewing the batting with the t-shirts to give it more durability
thoughts?

Lastly, my Halloween ABC sampler
This ones on my FAL list.. almost done!


Lots of projects, all with relatively close deadlines!
Neeed to get sewing!

As always, I'm linking up with Lee

btw, the blog itself is a w.i.p, for me, 
i'm trying some new things out
so please be patient with me while I do this!
i'm new with all this coding/html business
:)





8 comments:

  1. I see a new header?? Looks nice. Oh and html can be SO confusing!! And are you going into the memory quilt business?? Wow...Good luck finishing up your stitchery - bet that feels good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T-shirt pieces can be interfaced with the cheap/lightweight interfacing found at Jo-Ann's. It is perfect to stiffen them up! That's what I've done in the past & it works a treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new header looks nice! I made a t-shirt quilt once for my brother-in-law (as a gift from his Mom), and I added tricot interfacing from JoAnn to each shirt square. Then I could just stitch them up to make a regular quilt top before basting and quilting. It was a pain getting it all cut out, but it ended up working great.
    p.s. LOVE that Halloween cross stitch as I've told you before. Every time I see yours I think about ordering a kit for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a t-shirt quilt in my future. I'm going to make one with my son's summer camp shirts at some point. He's only 9, but we probably already have enough for 1 quilt! I appreciate Kelli's tip about using interfacing - I don't think I would have thought of that on my own!
    I also love that Halloween Sampler! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made probably 10 t-shirt quilts over the years and I always use a lightweight to medium weight iron-on interfacing. They look at me really funny in Hobby Lobby when I buy 25 yards at a time! But it works great and the only problem I've had quilting is when going over puffy printing I've had skipped stitches. I iron on the interfacing and then cut the shirt to the size I want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for the commissions. My aunt was trying to commission me to make a 12ft x 9ft quilt for their bed, I'm just waiting for the next time I see her to tell her how much it's going to cost (and watch her pass out in fright ;o) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. School ends so late for you guys!

    I just taught my friend to make a tshirt quilt and after sewing the first two tshirts on and having her almost cry at how inaccurate her sewing was, we decided to fuse lightweight Pellon to the back of each shirt so it wouldn't stretch while she sewed. This was only her 2nd sewing project, so I don't know whether experienced quilters would have difficulty with the shirts, but it definitely made everything way easier and didn't affect the overall snuggliness of the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome that you're getting commissions! Just make sure you don't undercharge for them

    The quilt ideas's are rather interesting. I made my first ever quilt using thin jumpers, I made it into a duvet cover with two different sides in the end =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...