Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Swooooooninggg

Swoon, swoon, swoon. I've made LOTS of swoon blocks since getting the pattern last year.. but still no finished Swoon quilt. Yeh, story of my life. To recap..

Bright and cheerful... and one short :(

Well, my mom saw these blocks coming together and demanded asked nicely
if I would make one for our beach house
OF COURSE!
Mom's favorite color is blue and dad's is yellow..




And this is how they sat.. 
UNTIL
this weekend!

Completed quilt top!


I'm even happier to report that its basted and pinned
and i'm 1/3 of the way through the quilting!!

That pile is getting smaller and smaller :)

I'm linking up with Quilt story, Sew What Monday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to head over to Amy's blog to nominate your favorites in the Bloggers Quilt Festival!
I'm no. 366 just in case you were wondering :)

19 comments:

  1. oh it looks absolutely awesome!!! SO close!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt rocks! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!! Love the colored borders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I love your Swoon progress! The borders look really great and I love the touch that it adds. Your parents will be so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that nautical look! I still haven't opened my pattern! I want to make one. You make it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blue and yellow swoon is one of the nicest I have seen! I love the two color theme; it really gives this pattern a personality! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo for getting 1 swoon to the quilting stage at last!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny how you've almost finished a new one and the other is still unfinished =P



    I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Mom's swoon quilt is lovely! You are a good daughter.
    Have a great day!
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your swoon blocks!! And the blue and yellow worked out fantastically. I look forward to see the soon to come, I'm sure, finished product :-). It also inspires me to get my rear in gear and get started on my own Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That yellow and blue swoon quilt is beyond beautiful! It just might be my favorite swoon of all times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! The blue and yellow is so cheerful and bright. It will look fabulous at a beach house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wouldn't you love to know what it is that the brains of the swoon-makers have in common that makes them fall for this design. In any case, I've seen so many beautiful Swoon quilts, and yours are wonderful too--I'm looking forward to seeing the details of the quilting. (You do realize, don't you, that blue and yellow quilts are almost as addicting as the Swoon blocks?!) ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The yellow and blue are gorgeous. Very provencal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love blue and yellow quilts. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a lot of swoon blocks! Lovely quilt, and almost quilt ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post. Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here. automatic protection switching

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...