Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Follower Friday - Katy!

If you're in the US, I hope you're having an enjoyable Holiday weekend,
if you're international, happy weekend!!


We have one of my bloggy friends with us today,
someone who I can always count on for a mocking tone and sarcastic comment
to get me in gear and finish a project :)

Katy!

Specs:
Name:  Katy
Family:  Young, free and single.  Of course if you know any eligible bachelors…
Location:  Glasgow, UK
Twitter:  @littlestthistle
Etsy:  My shop is empty right now, I am trying to rectify that!

Day job:  Software test lead
Dream job:  Running a B&B with craft and photography courses in the Highlands or on the west coast of Ireland

What are you working on now?  Too much!  Retro Flowers QAL, Zakka Style QAL, Purse Palooza, tutorials for a couple of places, and 3 bees to name but a few things…


Favourites:
Place:  The area around Mont Ventoux in Provence, France
Movie:  Sweet Home Alabama
Food:  Totally depends on my mood, but I love Kernel Season’s white cheddar seasoning on air-popped popcorn and a little butter.  You can’t get the seasoning in the UK (I got hooked on flavoured popcorn when I was a high school exchange student in Canada) and I get care packages sent over to my from the US by a network of friends
Way to spend a Friday night:  Out for a few drinks and dinner after work with some friends, then come home and do some relaxing sewing in front of some programmes I’ve recorded earlier in the week, usually crime dramas

Fabric line:  Toss up between Tula Pink’s Prince Charming and Lotta Jansdotter’s Echo (btw have you seen the upcoming Bella line?  WANT!)
Colour:  Blue
Designer: Lotta Jansdotter

Project completed by you: I’m loving my Retro Flowers quilt



Project when you need a quick finish:  No particular favourite, but I’m loving the Zakka Style book, and can see myself grabbing it often in the future for a variety of wee gifts


Least Favourites:
Colour:  Sludge colours
Fabric line:  I’m not really a fan of civil war prints, batiks and Kaffe Fasset stuff

Project completed by you: OMG, I’ve created thousands of things over the years, and I like to think I improve with each new thing (which loosely translates as, ‘I wouldn’t like to narrow it down’ lol)

Big plans for 2012?  Not really, although I’d like to get my act together and get some patterns up for sale



6 comments:

  1. fun to hear more about Katy - love her retro flowers! plus she's an awesome follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Katy and her blog......so fun to read more about her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great to learn things about Katy. Will stop by her blog for a nose =D


    I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I missed this, sorry! Possibly because it's come up as Wednesday 23rd?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stupid iphone, no idea what that happened - sorry katy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...