Monday, October 15, 2012

Sewing Summit Travel Handmade

Well, now it's safe and I can officially show you what I was working on in the weeks leading up to Sewing Summit.

Last year, I approached my mom and asked if she would be interested in coming with me to Sewing Summit. She immediately agreed. Now, my mom is the woman who got me interested in sewing. She made my first quilt when I was little and then helped me to make a new one when I was in my teens and wanted to change my room. She also taught me to crochet, cross stitch, etc. But then life happened, and with work, kids growing up, family to take care of, her crafting fell to the wayside. She's been a super supportive person in my quilting experience from tagging along on shopping trips to help me coordinate colors to late night texting pictures of projects to get an opinion.

sister, mom, me

With the move, I was even more excited that we were meeting up in Salt Lake City because I haven't seen her since July. That being said, I handled EVERYTHING when it came to the trip. I literally want her to sit back, learn some new things, and kick start her creative mojo again now that all the birdies have left the nest and she might find herself with some more time! (Hopefully thats whats happening as you read this!)

Not wanting her to be let out, I decided she needed some goodies to help get her into the Sewing Summit spirit. First up, I'm planning on teaching her how to EPP - she's definitely going to enjoy the ease and portability of it.. so.. EPP pouches were a must -- filled with all the EPP essentials, thread, paper pieces, fabric precut, needles, scissors, etc.


She's also the kind of person that needs to write things down and refer back.. cue the notebook cover.


Before I left she switched over and got herself a Mac - Hello, Facetime! :) 
So of course, laptop cover! Decided to bring her old and new together with this one..

Serious accomplishment for me!


Anyone else notice that I managed to make one for myself too? Figured why not :)
More in another post
Don't want to bore you all too much!

15 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! Your mom is lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow they are spectacular.
    I bet she was so pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jennifer they are all absolutely gorgeous!! She's a lucky lady! Hope you both had a fun time and she's getting her sew on :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally not bored! ;-)
    What lovely makes! So how DID mom enjoy EPP??
    It was great fun to meet you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are a lovely daughter - and making things in pairs is so much easier (says she, with twins!!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice you could share the weekend with your mum. Lovely gifts you made for her as well, and yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweetie you are making your Mom all that wonderful treasure AND takingher to Sewing Summit!!! Your a good daughter!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely of you, I bet your mum adored them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great time you all had! Those hexie pouches are super cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the hexie pouches. Super sweet daughter you are.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER! I want to travel with you :) Loving the laptop covers and hexie pouches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of the projects are just gorgeous, but I think I love the EPP pouch best. I think it's so sweet you went to SS with your Mom. I did get my Mom to start knitting again, but I don't know if she'll ever sew again... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love each of these! I hope you both enjoyed yourselves thoroughly at Sewing Summit. :) It looks like you were traveling in style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore them! I can feel the love!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All fabulous makes dahling, you travelled in style :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...