Thursday, October 25, 2012

3x6 Sample Bee

Just wanted to let you all know that...

Sign ups for the 3 x 6 Sampler Bee are open today!  

This bee tends to fill up pretty quickly, so if you are interested, I'd suggest checking out the group, especially if you want one of the themed hives!  I'm not certain what themed hives there will be this time, but the last 2 quarters have had hives for: Sampler blocks, Pinwheels, Stars, Solids, Paper Piecing and a brand new one: Hexi's.

This quarter will run 1 November to 15 January.  This bee is open internationally, and to quilters of every skill level.

This bee runs on a slightly different model.
In this bee each person is assigned to a hive.  The hive has 6 worker bees and a caretaker.  
Each person in your hive will choose three colors and a neutral, and your hive mates will create your block in your chosen colors. Each person  in the hive uses her own stash fabric to makes SIX 12.5x12.5 blocks.  You can choose any block that fits the theme of your hive, but you make each one in the chosen colors of each participant. At the end of the quarter, each person will have 6 different blocks all made up in the same  colors.  

I just finished my first round and had an awesome experience so i'm excited to start with round two, though I think I was too specific with my colors last time, so they didnt work out exactly as I would have liked. Lesson learned!


3 comments:

  1. Ooh I'm totally going to sign up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so exciting! Is there a tutorial for the blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! I did the 4x5 (similar but different) for a year and love the quilt I made from my blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...