Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Franken-storm


So, though i'm early not on the east coast, i've been glued to the tv/computer because my family and friends are getting pummeled by this weather. High tides, full moon had the shores flooding before the storm even technically made landfall, throw in some 90 mph winds, it's not pretty. 

I woke up to this picture from my sister

My dog is terrified of thunder and lightning. She shakes uncontrollably and is inconsolable, etc etc. My grandma bought her a "thunder jacket" which i'm assuming is a weighted jacket, similar to the ones they use for kids with sensory issues (my only experience with them) -- no verdict on whether or not if works, but then again, not sure anything would work with the "perfect storm" hitting..


Later in the day, I got this text. Hard to see, but yes, thats a shark off my friends porch! See what i mean about the flooding? I never even thought about the flooding and how it would affect the marine life.. sheesh! 

Anyone remember my favorite summer place? Chincoteague Island? This is what it's looking like now..





1.6 million are without power in NJ and the storm continues to rage on. I've seen pictures of people surfing.. seriously! Don't be dumb, stay safe everyone, the entire east coast is getting hit! Sending prayers and thoughts to you all.


16 comments:

  1. Your poor pup! It's never pretty when a storm comes up the East Coast. Hope your family has stayed dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is incredible. Sandy has made headline news in New Zealand too and I have been glued to the TV. Hope it eases soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Our news was full of pictures yesterday, not so much this morning, so I was hoping it hadn't been as bad as feared, but this looks heartbreaking x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that shark!! I've seen those dog jackets at Bed Bath and Beyond. I was curious about them too because my dog has anxiety issues. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected. I live on the gulf coast and am used to hurricane weather (always still scary though!), I can't imagine how scary it is for folks that don't see this kind of thing as often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your family and friends. I hope that everyone is safe. The picture of the shark is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I woke up thinking about your mom and the rest of your family & friends. Prayers everyone is safe. Take care - I know it isn't easy waiting for news either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear, how terrible. We've been following this a bit - so scary. Hoping all the best for your friends and family who live on the east coast, and for everyone there actually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your family and friends are all safe. I haven't heard back from my NJ cousins yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. my sister and brother in law used to live in boston and i have been so thankful that they don't live there now. i am thinking of your family and hoping they are faring well. poor puppy! and holy cow, that shark is crazy! i never though of how it would affect the marine life also. it is terrible every which way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy crap! SHARK! I hope all of your family and friends stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is devastating. I can't believe Seaside boardwalk is gone. Still a driving ban here. Thankfully we made it through ok, but my area is a mess. I hope your family is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A shark swimming off the front porch - those the are things nightmares are made of!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is really shocking! It's crazy to see how a storm can affect different areas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor shark! I hope it makes it's way back to the ocean once the tides subdue. I lived in Boston before moving to the west coast. Hurricane season never really impacted us much since we lived on higher ground, but the flooding around the bay was always pretty severe. I hope your family and friends weather this safely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thoughts and prayers ascend for the east coast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So terrible! I will keep your family and friends in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...