Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall in Hawaii?

Well, its the week of Sewing Summit
My materials are cut, bagged and laid out waiting to be packed

I anticipate a quiet week here since i'll be traveling Wednesday 
and i'm trying to get as much work done on my Mystery Christmas Project as possible

I did however have a finish this weekend!

A few months back I won a FQ bundle of Maple Skies
I decided I would make some runners, table toppers, etc using the maple leaf block
(the usual block is 9" finished, I made mine 12")


I decided at some point i'll be moving back to the east coast
and I will have my 4 seasons again, 
i'm going to want a quilt!


Now, due to the fact that I have a roll of batting back home
and none here, this baby is getting packed and brought to sewing summit 
to be returned to Jersey where I will work on it at a later time

Hmm.. before i left I worked hard to complete all my unfinished quilt pile
here's to starting a new pile 
:)

14 comments:

  1. I love this Jennifer! We don't get fall down here at the very bottom of Florida either and I miss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cunning plan! I'm hoping for some really good autumn colours over at SS :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Looks great!! It would be so hard to miss fall every year!! But I guess you get the beach to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the maples!! Perfect fall quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the use of different backgrounds for each leaf

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops. My finger got stuck...leaf! I love fall, considering the
    Ower half of my house are what I think are fall colors! Too bad Houston doesn't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it looks great! I can say that it really feels like fall started in NJ, I woke up to 40 degree temps this morning and a bunch of leaves down in the yard. I miss the warm already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your maple leaf quilt top is wonderful! Perfect for fall where ever you may be.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great, Jennifer! I love fall so much! It must be awful not getting to have it this year! Oh wait, you're in Hawaii...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, this is so nice! I like the variations in the background solids. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...