Tuesday, February 26, 2013

ROYGBV

I wrapped up my last finish for my Lovely Finishes - February last night and I couldn't wait to blog about it! I've been giving sneak peaks on IG for a week or so now. My Simply Color postage stamp quilt in its entirety.. Sorry for the nighttime shots I was SO excited I couldn't wait for good lighting to take a better shot..


I think I like the backing on this even more than the front.. I saw Elizabeth's quilt back in December and knew I'd do something similar, its part of the reason I made this quilt. Then, I decided I needed to make sure I did some quilting that would really pop on a solid backing..


I went with the "orange peel" which is a bit wonky in places, but all in all, i'm super pleased with how it turned out... best part, I used my walking foot for it!! (I had a mishap with my fmq'ing foot a week ago, that ended with a needle through the plastic guard... how, no idea.)


I pulled a gray from the Life in the Jungle line to bind it with, I wanted something simple that it wouldn't take away from the quilt, but nothing too boring.


My plan was to list this quilt in my etsy shop.... butttttttt, i've changed my mind, it's mine! haha


Quilt Stats
Quilt Pattern: postage stamp quilt
Size: approx. 50"x 68"
Quilted By: Myself using "orange peel"
Completed on : February 25, 2013



19 comments:

  1. I love this - front, back and quilting. Makes me want to have a jelly roll of Simply Color as I already have the ombres from a lovely shop I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, quilt, and the back particularly speaks to me, who doesn't love the simple beauty of rainbow colours, perfect, and well done on the quilting, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that orange peel quilting is stunning Jennifer - good for you for holding on to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You quilted that with your walking foot? I'm impressed! It's beautiful Jen (good on you for keeping it!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had that happen to my FMQ foot (twice). It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is grand! I wouldn't be able to give it away, for money or no money, either. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is great! And you are right - the back just makes it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! And this is the second time this week that I've admired the orange peel quilting on someone's project and I really must try. You did this with the walking foot, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I'm very impressed you managed that quilting with your walking foot! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome, Jen! Your quilting turned out so great! I say that as I'm sitting here ripping out my lame attempt at orange peels...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilting looks fab, no wonder you're keeping it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are keeping it, it's beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Front and back that is beautiful!! Love the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous quilt! I love the back as much as the front!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great quilt. I like the back and the front equally. Can really see why you'd decide to keep it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG. I think it would be tough to decide which side to have out and showing!! LOL! Your quilting is exceptional!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...