Friday, February 1, 2013

Follower Friday - Annabella

As i'm sure most of you have noticed it's taken me some time to get back into the groove in 2013. I had put out an all call for volunteers for Follower Friday and then... didn't post. Annabella has been SUPER patient with me, my slacker tendencies shined in January, so it seemed fitting that she start us off with a new round of Follower Fridays in 2013, starting fresh on February 1.


Without further ado, I present...

Annabella!

Specs:
Name: Annabella
Family: My husband Youssef and our cheeky but adorable nearly 5 year old, Zaki



 

Location: Marrakech, Morocco, North Africa
Blog: www.kechquilts.blogspot.com
Flickr: Life’srichpattern


Twitter: I don’t tweet but I do Instagram @lifesrichpattern.  Instagram is great as you get to see slices of people’s lives from around the world in real time.
Etsy: I don’t have a shop but perhaps one day...

Day job: SAHM
Dream job: Best selling novelist or making more quilts on commission

What are you working on now? I’m working on clearing up some old WiPs.  I just finished a quilt for my husband using Curious Nature, and am currently quilting an x and plus quilt, which was made by the Care Circle of do.Good Stitches. Then I plan to start something new using my beautiful Field Study FQs.






Favorites:
Place: Florence, Italy - my husband and I spent a few days there shortly after we married and I have very happy memories of our time there.  Everything about it is  just beautiful and very romantic!
Movie: I don’t really have a favourite movie although I’m really looking forward to seeing Les Mis, Lincoln and Django Unchained.
Food: I love most foods but my favourite is anything Asian - a good curry or a Chinese.
Way to spend a Friday night: A relaxing dinner with good friends.

Fabric line: Parisville by Tula Pink - the saturated colours are very me and I love the quirkiness of the designs!
Color: This really depends on what mood I’m in but I always love blue and green.
Designer: Anna Maria Horner - she can do no wrong in my eyes!

Project completed by you: This is really tricky as I love each project for different reasons but I am really pleased with a quilt I recently made for my mum.  She chose some Kaffe Fasset prints and asked me to surprise her.  I ummed and ahhed for quite some months about what I was going to do; she doesn’t like anything too traditional and I wanted to do something different for her.  In the end I plumped for Film in the Fridge's Converging Corners block. The blocks work really well with the Kaffe Fasset prints and the quilt is just very pretty.  I love the blue binding, which is Cameo by Amy Butler as is the backing.  My mum is delighted with it and recently showed it off to her friends at her stitching group - now that’s the best compliment!







Project when you need a quick finish: A tote bag -  I discovered totes last year when I made one for the Mouthy Stitches 2 swap.  They are easy yet look great and are very practical...and no zips!





Least Favorites:
Color: I love saturated colours so anything wishy washy really like peach or beige.
Fabric line: I say I don’t like a particular line then I see something someone has made using it and they convert me.  I’m not keen on anything cutesy or dreary and definitely no batiks!
Project completed by you: I like most of my projects but I’m not keen on the colours I had to use for a mini I made in the For the Love of Solids swap.  Luckily my partner seemed pleased!

BIG plans for 2013??
I don’t really have any big plans for this year other than clearing up old WiPs so that I can start some new projects.  I would like to improve my quilting skills as this is the part of the process I struggle with the most.  I also want to learn something new like paper piecing which I have never tried and make some bags!


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you Annabella!!
I think that was the best way to start off a new round of Follower Fridays!

If you'd like a chance to be featured
please email me at
knot.threads@gmail.com

Happy Friday/Saturday! :)

13 comments:

  1. Another fact about Annabella - she is just one of the loveliest people out there and I am lucky enough to have met her in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring me Jennifer - it was great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this idea and annabella is a worthy 'first'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see Annabella featured :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so enjoyed getting to know Annabella.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annabella is the best. I too love her converging corners quilt but truly all her projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annabella is one of the dearest people I haven't met!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy following Annabella and seeing a slice of life in Morocco!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Annabella! And I love her converging corners quilt too. She's got one lucky Mama!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...