Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday again!?

This was a BUSY weekend for me. It started with the Hurricane Sandy Relief blocks getting up and running, so i've been answering emails, sending out addresses, coordinating donations, etc etc.... and i'm loving every second of it! Seriously, the super sweet emails that have been coming in, the stories of how people can relate, everything, just makes me feel so much better. Then lets talk about how we have people that committed for enough blocks to make... 7 quilts as of last night. Thats not even counting finished quilt tops that people want to send!

I also have 3 fabulous friends that volunteered their time to help me quilt (Di, Rebecca and Toni) THANK YOU.

I cannot get over the generosity, support and care that you all have. THANK YOU. From the bottom of my heart, I can't say it enough. I learned Saturday that a lot of the people I know that live on the barrier islands and were evacuated pre and post storm, wont be able to return home for 6 months. So these quilts, will be making a huge impact!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

With this all being organized and the prospect of tons of quilt blocks heading my way, i'm making a serious effort to get my personal holiday commitments out of the way!

I spent the weekend finished a huge commission order that needs to be done by Thanksgiving... its done!!

In case you were wondering, thats what 22 boxy pouches look like


Loveee the colors!


My new labels!

Fully lined.

These will go with the makeup rolls already made 


Also, I have a few extra boxy pouches in case anyone is interested for holiday gifts
This is the one currently up for grabs





they measure 8.5"x6 x3.5" and can fit regular size shampoo bottles
making them perfect for travel :)
They're $30+ shipping. Let me know in the comments if you're interested!

Happy Monday!



10 comments:

  1. Wow! I do not know how you fit it all in. But so pleased that you are getting a great response to the quilt block donations. I will try and get some made this week now I am home from holidays and back in routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo behind on blog reading - you go girl! That is phenomenal (and I had no idea you were organising it!). I'd love to contribute.

    What a beautiful stack of pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did great on the pouches!!
    So glad the appeal is doing so well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great about how many blocks are being made!! And wow about all the pouches you've made! All those go to the same customer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're amazing Jennifer! The Sandy appeal work, the boxy pouches, wow. I'm amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pleased you have had such an amazing response to the appeal. the boxy pouches look so pretty piled up there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that you have so many people joining in! Awesome pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an impressive pile of boxy pouches! Love all the colorful fabrics that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have accomplished so much. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...