Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend there wasnt a whole lot of "sewing" going on
I spent a lot of time petting pretty fabric, and even getting to cut some for orders (!!)
woohoo, thank you for your support!



I'll give you a recap of what I did do though..

Well, this weekend was Lahaina night on Maui
(every 2nd Friday of the month, in case you're ever visiting!)

We decided to try a new restaurant Honu
it was amazing! A bit pricey for us, but we both agreed 
we've never been that completely happy with a meal, absolutely delicious
oh, and they have a very extensive bar so Steve was in his glory finding beers on tap
(for an avid beer drinker, he's very limited here)


Then, for dessert..
I'd been hearing tons of things about "hula pie" 
So this weekend I was determined to try it... oh.my.goodness.
Macadamian nut ice cream, Oreo cookie crust, chocolate fudge, hot sauce, 
peanuts and whipped cream
can you say heaven in a takeout dish?!

nom nom :)

Thennn, Sunday we spend laying by the beach and watching football
I tell you, its a tough life I live
and i'm thankful everyday :)


I promise i'll have some actual sewing to show this week
I have TONS to do before SS!

Happy Monday :)


10 comments:

  1. That pie sounds like the most amazing thing ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, so happy for you. Sales already!

    The dessert looks to die for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my what a great weekend!! AND love that fabric stack in the first pic - for your first customer maybe?! ;-) I confess I love hearing about life in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that pretty much sounds like a great weekend! And the pie sounds amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HULA PIE IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS YOU WILL EVER PUT IN YOUR MOUTH. just saying. glad you got to try it!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great sounding break. I needs me one of those. Congratulations on the early fabric sales =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, my heart is breaking at the thought of you having to hang out in such a terrible place with such awful food... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to make a trip just to try mac nut ice cream. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...