Tuesday, September 4, 2012

intuitive or Problematic??


I'll let you decide..

So, my family tends to enjoy their wine
and we like to go to BYO restaurants, 
however, our taste in wine greatly differs..

My mom is a White Zinfindel connoisseur, but don't give her any other brand than Beringer,
I tend to stick with the reds, unless its summer than a cool white is great
My sister and brother like our homemade sangria that we bottle so we can bring with us

Well, if you're keeping track, thats a lot of different bottles and rather than carry them individually, I decided to make a double wine bag that could fit more than one.

 
This is what I came up with!
I was super nervous about their being enough padding
so I used a prequilted material found at Joann's
then I added more batting and used Kona black inside


 

I added a center divider, but as you can see, its not as snug as it should be
So, next time i'll work on that
I told my mom it was so she could put the double bottles in it
for when she was going BIG (hehehe)




Excuse the mirror shots - there were pre-move and no one was home!
I didn't want to forget to take them.

Overall definitely thing's i'd tweak and will for future wine bags
but pretty happy with it
I left it home with the wine drinkers and they use it often :)

11 comments:

  1. OMG! This is exactly what I have been looking for. Our social circle is full of wine connoisseurs. We bring wines to share when we get together. I would LOVE instructions for this. Could you do a tutorial? Even if you think it isn't perfect right now. I would like to have the option to carry larger bottles if I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you Miss Smarty Pants Problem Solver! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag! I could have used one of these a few weeks ago when my husband broke a bottle of wine in the back of my suburban as he was putting in the groceries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, what a great idea! Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I have been thinking of making something like that to carry a 6 pack in for gifts and other outings. Yours looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very fun - I think you're on to something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so fun....but problematic....:D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...