Friday, September 7, 2012

Follower Friday - Francine

Woohoo,
Follower Friday is back in action after a summer hiatus!


I'm excited to welcome and start off our Friday series again with
Francine!

Specs:
Name: Francine Taylor
Family: 1 Long suffering, fabric package carrying hubby, 3 boys(21,20,13) and 1 girly princess(3)
Location: Nottingham PA
Blog: Mochawildchild.blogspot.com
Flickr: Mochawildchild
Twitter: - 
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MochaWildChild (there’s nuttin’ in there right how, I’m working on it!)

Day job: Teacher, Volunteer Book Reviewer for C& T Publishing, former college soccer coach
Dream job: Retirement in sunny AZ with nothing to do but quilt and shop!

What are you working on now? I have been signing up late at night for swaps and then promptly forgetting by morning! I’m not late on anything yet, Thank ya Jesus!, but I’m working on mini quilts for DQS and Mini QT


Favorites:
Place: Negril, Jamaica
Movie:  Moonstruck, Hitch, The Usual Suspects, A Fish Called Wanda
Food: anything Mexican!
Way to spend a Friday night: My 2 best gals come over for a cocktail (or 2) and cooking together!

Fabric line: I love the new Madrona Road! Have you seen it? It’s modern and country!
Color: Oranges and Pinks
Designer: Lotta Jansdotter, Erin McMorris

Project completed by you

Seaglass

 Dandelion Quilt Swap

Lastly,
Twin quilt for my great aunt Bush,  who is in hospice


Project when you need a quick finish: Definitely a zig zag quilt using this tute

Least Favorites:
Color: no such thing!
Fabric line: The brick red and brown plaid reproduction prints
Project completed by you:  My first quilt… Everything about it was wrong! It was TWO layers of fleece and I had the nerve to add batting. It was tied in yellow yarn and was so ridiculous. No pics of that monster mess, darn!

Oh, and when I attempted the Petite Diaper Tote from the book One Yard Wonders, I made a bit of a mess. My stabilizer was way too strong and the bag is as rigid as a sailor on night watch at the panty factory.. I use it to carry bottles of wine instead – bingo!



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for joining us Francine and starting us off right,
I think thats a super cute wine bag!!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone
If you'd like to participate and be featured
please email me at
knot.threads@gmail.com

:)




7 comments:

  1. Oh very, very funny post! Nice to meet Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a diaper bag to wine caddy - love it. of course sometimes too much wine leads to a need for a diaper bag in the first place so...hhhmmm I guess the two are related!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, love the wine/diaper bag. I agree they go together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, gotta love someone that can see a diaper bag repurposed for carrying wine :oD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post! It's great how us quilters can make use of something that goes wrong =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just met Francine through the Nubees block swap, so I loved to see this feature! Love the Dandelion quilt swap mini!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...