Friday, September 14, 2012

Follower Friday - Penny P.


We're at it again this week, 
can you believe we're halfway through September already!?


This week we have
Penny!

Specs:
Name: Jenn aka Penny Poppleton
Family: Husband (Mr Poppleton) and daughter Piper (13 months)

Location: Sydney Australia
Blog: http://www.pennypoppleton.com/
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennis/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/pennypoppleton
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/pennypoppleton
Instagram: pennypoppleton

Day job: Stay at home mama and type-A organizer of everything possible!
Dream job: Writer…well, a published writer! I write mostly YA novels. I’m six manuscripts in and finally feel like this one might be “the” one!


What are you working on now? I just wrapped up the Seven Day Quilt (a sample for a local shop moving into modern fabrics to display), two Swoon pillows (wedding gifts for friends) and am about to start a challenge with a friend to use up my Terrain fabric! I also put a lot of time into the Sydney Modern Quilt Guild – getting it up and running and making sure everyone’s questions are answered! Whew!



Favorites:
Place: My newly renovated house, or the coffeeshop just down the road! (I drink a lot of coffee.)




Movie:  Love, Actually. It is super cheesy but the writing is just amazing and the characters are so well-formed.
Food: Pasta. Anything pasta. Add bacon and I’m yours forever.
Way to spend a Friday night: Curled up watching Star Wars with my husband! We are very nerdy. I like making fun of Luke.


Fabric line: Do I have to choose just one? :) Mendocino by Heather Ross. But I love lots and lots more.
Color: I don’t have a favorite color but my stash is very heavy on the blues and greens!
Designer: Anna Maria Horner. She is a genius. I want to meet her someday!



Project completed by you: I love my Mendocino quilt. I made it for myself and it is so bright and different – no white as a background!  It also took a lot of self-control to make the wonky blocks. I love straight lines!




Project when you need a quick finish: I am a huge fan of using my stash of precuts (charm squares and layer cakes) to do disappearing nine-patches. There is so much variety and they come together super fast!



Least Favorites:
Color: I tend to avoid purples and reds when I shop for fabric. It has been a hurdle this year building that part of my stash but I know a well-rounded stash makes a happy quilter!
Fabric line: I really want to like the Dr Seuss prints, but they don’t resonate with me at all! I actually don’t care much for any novelty print. And is this heretical or what, but I don’t like text prints at all!
Project completed by you: The first baby quilt I ever made. I used poly blend fabric, and didn’t mind my seam allowances, and I tied it to quilt it. Of course, it started to fall apart in no time! It was for my nephew and I ended up begging for it back so I could remake it with Kona solids, proper seam allowances, and some actual quilting! It’s on my list.

Thanks for letting me yammer on! I love reading Knotted Thread and always find so much inspiration from reading about your projects! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for joining us Penny!
If you have Instagram, I definitely recommend following Penny,  she's fabulous
and if you get a chance check out her flickr, she gave me free reign on pictures and it was SO hard not to just use pictures everywhere!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend,
we'll be back next week with another Follower Friday!

If you'd like to participate,
please email me at
knot.threads@gmail.com
:)

5 comments:

  1. So fun to meet Penny! And her house totally looks like it should be in a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those quilts, and I want that house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piper is such a cutie-pie babe! And the quilts are wonderful too!
    Have a great day.
    Always,Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her quilts look amazing!! I love her house that cabinet would be perfect filled with fabric =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...