Friday, September 21, 2012

Follower Friday - Liz


We're back for another round of Follower Friday



and today we have
Liz!

Specs:
Name: Liz of Dandelion Daydreams Blog
Family: The Hubster (now a thirtysomething, just like me), two children –  affectionately known as The Dandelions – and the maddest Spaniel in the world




Location:  East Sussex, UK
I would really love some more followers, so please pop over to join me on my fabric adventure

Day job:  Probate Lawyer by day, Sewista Extraordinaire by night! *chuckle*
Dream job:  Being a mum – the toughest but bestest job ever

What are you working on now?  This year I joined a Sewing Bee for the first time.  So, at the moment, I am working on my Bee blocks for this month.  It’s fantastic taking part in a bee, because it really pushes you out of your comfort zone and it is so much fun to play with other people’s fabric.  Kelly was our first Bee Mama and she asked for scrappy rainbow circles.  Here is my block.



Favorites:
Place:  Walt Disney World – I love that Mouse!  We had the most magical holiday there a couple of years ago. But I also really love the area that I live in.  There are the quaintest little higgledy-piggledy streets in Hastings Old Town.  Foyles War was filmed here.

Movie: Finnian’s Rainbow – it’s a really old movie starring Tommy Steele that I fell in love with when I was little.


I also love Garden State; High Fidelity; Speed and {blush} Twilight.  And any good comic strip film like Batman, X-Men and Spiderman
Food: at the moment it’s Veggie Sushi
Way to spend a Friday night: Early evening is my sewing time, so that would certainly feature in my favourite Friday night.  Followed by snuggles with the Dandelions and finally an episode of CSI (with Ted Danson) with the hubster on the sofa.



Fabric line: I am loving the new Liberty quilting fabrics and also Moda’s “Mama Said Sew” line, but my all time favourites have to be “Just Wing It” and “Neptune”
Color: Turquoise is my favourite colour, but red or dark grey are my favourite plain fabric colours.
Designer: Tula Pink or MoMo
Project completed by you: It just has to be the Japanese + and x table runner.  I love the fact that I only used scraps, so it was an economical make as well as turning out to be one of the most beautiful things I have sewn.



Project when you need a quick finish:  I love making pencil cases and pouches.  They go together fairly quickly but they are so practical.  I like to use what I make.  They also look really good with some handstitching or embroidery, which I am trying to get better at.





Least Favorites:
Color: Lilac, Mustard and Teal
Fabric line: I am not that keen on working with batik fabrics.
Project completed by you: The worst thing I ever made was my first attempt at some baby trousers for my little boy.  They were horrendous.  I really was not a natural when I started sewing and I am still pretty pants at making clothing of any kind.




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for sharing Liz!
I love that owl wall hanging!

As always, if you'd like to participate
shoot me an email at
knot.threads@gmail.com

Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. I love your + x table runner too, especially with the dark gray background. I am thinking I need to get some of that gray and try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely things and one cute family. But, your favourite colour is turquoise but you don't like teal?! *gasp* My fave is teal and I do love turquoise, too, anything blue-green actually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz is brilliant and has a great sense of humour too! Glad I already follow her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun projects and great to see someone else living in the UK! The table runner is amazing! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi liz, nice to see you over here :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...