Monday, January 16, 2012

Weekend in review

I took it easy this weekend and really didn't get a whole lot of sewing done
It's been SUPER cold by me, so the idea of curling on the couch in a blanket was veryyyy appealing :)

I did however manage to get my QAL blocks done..
Friendship star & QST Pinwheel




I'm not sure how crazy I am about the friendship star having an aqua background..
I'm leaving it for now, and i'll make aqua the background in another block and hope things balance out..
If you have time check out the flickr page to see the other fabulous blocks people have been making!

Till next time 
:)

10 comments:

  1. Great blocks!! Love the palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty blocks. I love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are looking great, Jennifer! I really like the pinwheel one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks looks great so far. I agree, that if you do at least one more block (how many are there in total?) with an aqua background, it will help balance it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe if the points of the star is the blk/wht print, the center of the star is the light, and the aqua print for the background... Just a thought. I can't wait to see more.
    Have a great day.
    Always Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your blocks and colour choices

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the aqua back ground a whole lot. Keep it for a while and see how it fits with the other blocks once you have a top nearly ready to piece. You might like it by then :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WTG on getting them done, I haven't got to this week's yet! Sure by the time you get to the end they'll all balance out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like that QST block. I have never done even a normal pinwheel block but I really wanna try that.

    It looks quite straightforward but does it come together quite easily?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...