Monday, January 2, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things..

Today marks my LAST day of winter break :(
Tomorrow school starts back up - it has been a glorious week off
I feel recuperated and ready to deal with the hyped up students! haha

Though i've been awfully quiet I did manage to get someee sewing done.
I ended 2011 and started 2012 in my favorite way..
sewing!
Keeping with the trend for 2012
I decided to start out slow and try something I haven't done yet..

I made a wallet for myself! 
Love love love it!
 I've had this fabric waiting for the perfect project..

credit cards and zipper pouch

behind the zipper is a pocket for cash


I used this tutorial - found the initial link off pinterest.
Of course, with every first attempt there are things i'd do differently,
 but for now, i'll enjoy my pretty wallet 
:)

Also keeping with the trend, I'm participating in
two
count em, TWO QAL's that will be starting in January

First up, SewHappyGeek's Sampler QAL
I'm looking forward to this one because even though i've made quilts before
there are a lot of new blocks i've never done and am looking forward to trying!
Jenna's QAL starts Jan. 3rd!

Second, I decided to join Cherry Quilt Along hosted by Pins &Bobbins
Starts Jan 13th (fabric requirements posted)

Toni (another fabulous blogger) compiled a list of all kinds of Quilt-a-Longs starting in 2012 
so definitely head over and check it out for more!!

Hopefully i'm not taking on more than I should this early in the year..
only one way to find out 
:)


9 comments:

  1. This is very pretty! I need to make a new purse mine is looking very tatty.

    Katy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the wallet turned out. I need to make myself a new one, but I really love the style of my current one, so I'm going to try and figure out how to construct that...

    I'm going to do the SHG QAL too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Toni has got me in all sorts of trouble too!
    Love the wallet x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your new wallet!!! Sew alongs are great fun. They always motivate me to do more sewing when I'm real busy. I like to keep up with each post. Good luck heading back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for trying something new! I love your wallet and great fabric selection. I've also joined those QA's and can't wait to get this year going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great wallet - I'm pinning the tutorial for future reference! Great fun joining in the qa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it and the fabric too! Great job - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric on your wallet! Beautifully done :-)
    Happily found you on happy hour projects!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...