Friday, January 27, 2012

Follower Friday #2


We're back for our second installment!
Up today is..
Kate!

Specs:

Name: Kate Fenton Landine (I know, I know, Fenton??  It’s a family thing)

Family: One boyfriend, Adam, and two boxers (Loki and Duke)



Location: A farm in Saskatchewan, Canada, an hour and a half outside of the province’s capital, Regina.  It’s peaceful and lovely.  Oh, and I live in a trailer.  If that’s not living the dream, I don’t know what is.
Flickr: asometimesquilter
Twitter: I barely facebook, so no twitting (tweeting?) for me.
Etsy:  Love regretsy.  Love it.
Day job:  I am a Registered Nurse, so it’s a day and night job.
Dream job: Probably a RN on Labour and Birth, but small hospitals don’t deliver babies anymore.

What are you working on now?  
As far as quilting goes, I just pounded out two baby quilts in a couple days, so the list is a bit short. 

I’m taking part in the Sparkle QAL hosted by Jeni and Megan, and the Sew. Happy. Quilt. QAL. hosted by the Sew Happy Geek (whose blog header I always mistake as saying Greek…).  I also have some fabric started for a quilt I’m making for my sister.  And I’m learning to knit.


Favorites:
Place: My home.
Movie: Well, this is an ever-changing facet of my life.  Right now I love the BBC Pride & Prejudice as well as the newer, shorter movie with Kiera Knightley.  And, embarrassingly enough, the Swan Princess is also at the top of my list.  But at least it’s not the Barbie version that I like. 
Food: Broccoli salad, mmmmmmm.  Also pork tenderloin done well.  By that I don’t mean over cooked, I mean skillfully so.  Make sense?
Way to spend a Friday night:  Well, since I’m on a farm, either spending time with my most excellent BF, or else quilting.  I’m not “exciting” and I’m okay with that.
Fabric line: Right now, the citrine colour way of the Heirloom line by Joel Dewberry.  I have it, and I may not use it for a long time.  Hometown is right up there too!
Color: I love green and most of its variations.  Honestly though, there are many, many beautiful colours out there and I just love them all.
Designer: For lack of real knowledge or familiarity with many designers, I choose Joel Dewberry.  Simply because of heirloom and the herringbone fabrics from his collection Modern Meadow.
Project completed by you: Probably my starry eyed quilt.  It took me a long time, and I screwed it up, and my hand quilting was despairingly slow, but it all came together so well!!







Project when you need a quick finish: Drawstring Bags made from Jeni from In Color Order’s pattern!!  I just want to keep making more and more!




Least Favorites:
Color: Greeny mustard yellow, or any colour you can prefix with “puke”
Fabric line: (hard to imagine I know!) Actually, surprisingly enough, for me this isn’t too tough.  I don’t like King of the Ranch.  Anything with “realistic” animals it seems.  Also, anything that is too traditional.  Hard to explain.  Etchings—love it, Crossroads to Texas—uhhh.  Granted, a beautifully constructed quilt can work in almost any pattern!
Project completed by you:  Well, the first quilt that I made.  It was a gift, and also the tester project to see if this whole quilting thing was for me.  Overall the quilt looks pretty good, but I don’t like any of the fabrics alone.  I just went and bought three that were on sale from Fabricland.  I didn’t realize I was missing out on the whole world of stunning and beautiful fabrics that there were.



There is is everyone, another fabulous follower.
Thank you Kate for participating!

If you have been featured, please feel free to take a button from my sidebar!

If anyone would like to be featured please email me

Have a fabulous weekend everyone 
:)





5 comments:

  1. I think it's so fun to learn about other bloggers. Thanks for doing this, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Kate As an ex-Saskatchewan resident, I'm nosy about where you actually are, but lacking that info I'll just admire your beautiful work instead :oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you Kate... My husband's family is from farm country outside of Regina too. Your quilts are great fun and your fur babes soooo cute.
    Have a great day,
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely interview....even better that Kate is from Saskatchewan....cause I am too....what a small world!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...