Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Progress

So this year, I decided my goal would be to try and use the fabric I had..
I have a tendency to stock up during good sales, with no real use in mind.

January 1st I looked at my stash and pulled a bundle of hyperreal garden I had
photo courtesy of Fat Quarter Shop

Initially I had thought i'd use this in some patterns with large pieces, to show off the fabric
I liked the pinks and greens but hadn't come to any conclusions.. until now.

January 1st, I pulled this bundle (I had 1/2 yard cuts of all but this one)
For a long time i'd also been eyeing the plus sign quilt design.
Especially after seeing Jeni's tutorial

I began cutting the pieces and laying them out.
As I was doing this my mom asked me "who this one was for"
I have a tendency to make and decide that way later :)
Since I had no one in mind I decided it would be kind of "up for grabs"
After talking with her, I had a better thought and I broke up the design into two pieces

hmmm

Perfect size for a baby quilt or even a cuddly blanket for a younger girl
:)
SCORE! 

Needless to say, thats what I did.
January 1 - I sewed, and sewed and sewed
pieced both tops, basted and pinned one




Now, I have one done and the last needs quilting and binding
Hopefully this week
Once it's a nice day i'll get some better pictures 
On the plus side (pun intended haha) these are part of my FAL list!
So progress is being made :)

(Check the "participating" link to see where I'm linking up!)

7 comments:

  1. Great job...I am hoping to do the same thing this year. I've started...so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Good idea to make 2 smaller ones rather than one big one. Every time I see a plus quilt I think "I need to try that!" and so far haven't. But I'm inspired to, once again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Pattern with the fabrics! Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt top.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, double tick there, baby quilt AND stash usage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, quilts! Would be excellent if you knew someone expecting twins!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...