Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Starts and Finishes

So, way back in December, you know, the 30th and 31st (haha)
I got really motivated and decided I didn't want to start 2012 with UFO's hanging over my head

I have wayyyy too many projects I want to accomplish in 2012
So, I buckled down and sewed, and sewed, and sewed.
phew.

Well, it was worth it.
I was able to complete the blocks for TWO quilts I've had on my list for a while...

The first is my ruby, pearl and opal
I cut the pieces and laid it on my flannel tablecloth design wall..
and left it there..

But now!!
Blocks are finished! 
These took a lottttt of time, tons of piecing which I knew.. but didn't really think about haha - 
over the course of the 2 days I was able to complete them 


I love this - so feminine!
Still need to do the sashing, but the bulk of the quilting on the top is done :)

Next, my swoon quilt.. nope, still not mine - my parents quilt

These were going good till Christmas struck..

But now!




Again, needs sashing, but the blocks are done
This is for my parents bedroom at our beach house 
Mom's favorite color is blue, dad's is yellow.. so the room is yellow with blue accents
This will definitely be an awesome addition 
Now I just need to figure out the backing :)

These happy piles are sitting with my sewing things like before, 
only happier now since they're closer to being done


Till next time 
:)

15 comments:

  1. Go you getting those Swoon blocks done! They sure do take FOREVER but they are gorgeous...maybe this will help motivate me to finish mine (all 8 that I have left) :) Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - those ARE such happy piles! I was impressed with the ruby, pearl, & opal - so lovely! And then YOUR SWOON!!! oh my that is beautiful!! Congrats on getting the blocks done! Can I be proud of you!? ;-) Very cool - you made amazing progress!!! What a great start into the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful blocks! Ruby, pearl and opal, so pretty. And the Swoon blocks look great,I love the colours. I'm looking forward to seeing how these two look sewn together and finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well look at you go! I love it all. The swoon has come together beautifully. I also love the ruby quilt top. Are those improv pieced mosaic blocks or did you follow a specific pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way to start off the year! You're making great strides :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have started 2012 in a wonderful flurry of creativity. The blocks are beautiful. I can't wait to see more.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those quilts are going to be beautiful! Good job on accomplishing so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, they are both beautiful. That is an incredible amount of sewing in 2 days. I just love those swoon blocks. I bought the pattern too, now just to sit down and make it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that is a lot of work to do in just a short amount of time. WAY TO GO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, seriously prolific piecing there missus, WTG! I have the Ruby, Pearl and Opal planned with my Hometown layer cake (cos, you know, I like to be different and awkward lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You were definitely on fire! They both look amazing and looking forward to seeing them complete.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your enthusiasm! It's addicting and motivating.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors of that swoon quilt especially! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are going to be two really lovely quilts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...