Sunday, January 6, 2013

Year of Lovely Finishes

So i've been seeing this new linky pop up through blog land and I think i've finally decided to join in.

I find it easier for me to stay on track when i'm forced to be held accountable, and this concept of finishing ONE ufo, or wip a month, is definitely doable. So let's see what things i'll be looking to accomplish in 2013.

1. hand pieced quilt - my first, entirely hand pieced quilt, i'm shooting for 15 snowflake hexagons a month
2. We Bee Modern Too blocks quilt - i've had these for months, this year, they'll be a quilt

3. DWR quilt - 80 arcs made, taking this one slow, but 2013 is the year!

4. I'm thinking these are destined to be Giant star quilts, need to order some backing fabric

5. Finish this quilt - top completed

6. Heirloom quilt - i've been hoarding this fabric for some time.. no more hoarding!


7. Clothing - I want to make some clothing this year, i've already ordered the Wiksten tank to try first..

8. Sea Swirls quilt - I've been wanting to make this project since I saw Jess's version (pictured below) - I have my fabric pulled.. but thats it.

9. Various Patterns - I have so many patterns i've ordered/saved that I want to start working my way through them.. one a month at least!

10. Hawaiian applique - I want this finished before our possible move back to the mainland next summer.

11. Postage Stamp quilt 

12. Baby Quilts - bought fabric for 2 different quilts, no progress on either

13. Ship Shape Tote - started at Sewing Summit 

14. Mod Pop quilt - top finished, finish quilt


That should be enough to get me started. I have other projects that i'll be adding in monthly as the commitments arise but they arent started yet.. Here's to a productive 2013!

5 comments:

  1. All great projects. One a month does seem doable. I pulled out a Sea Stars style WIP top and put it on my 2013 goal list although I titled mine Rip Curl because of the ocean fabric i used. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of projects. Loving Sea Swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, that Indie definitely needs to be giant stars, and I'll show you what that looks like in a week or so ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, awesome plans! You know, saltwater would make an awesome sea swirls quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's quite the list! They will be beautiful when they're done...and I love Heirloom!

    That Sea Swirls is great too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...