Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Present Recap #1

This was a graduation/Christmas present for my baby sister. I saw the Double Dresden quilt made by Melissa and knew I would do a take on that.. This was my last quilt in Hawaii and it was a mad scramble to the finish line before I flew home for the holidays!


She requested rainbow colors in dresdens

Kate Spain flannel backing

Modeling with her quilt



hours upon hours of quilting with variegated thread


All in all, success. Hopefully she'll take in to Missouri in March for farrier school! :)

Quilt Stats:
pattern: Happy Quilting's Double Dresden quilt
size: approximately 54" x72"
quilted by: me!

13 comments:

  1. This turned out beautiful! I think it's pretty obvious your sis is more than pleased! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt. So gorgeous, and love the lack of borders too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the rainbow dresdens and that quilting is perfect. She'll make all the other farriers jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, this so beautiful...and I love what you did for the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I can't imagine the work that went into quilting it this way, too. My hat's off to you! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love thread that changes colors! The quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an awesome quilt and such a labor of love for your sister. Beautiful!
    Have a great day.
    always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's a lovely quilt, but call me stupid, what is farrier school?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found your blog through the Quilt Story Link-Up. Thanks for sharing this quilty goodness ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! LOVE the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely - A dresden is on my 'to do' list but this quilt has just moved it further to the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE!!! great job! is it paper pieced?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...