Monday, January 21, 2013

Weekend Sewing

Well, I think I may have jumpstarted some of my sewing mojo.. it's not quite back in full swing, but I did get some things done this weekend!


I've been wanting to try Kelly's tutorial for a long time, so I finally did!
This will also be the extent of my Valentine's day decorating... 

I decided to take Friday off after finding out my student was going to be absent (score!) and I utilized my time VERY well... First I finished a quilt top started in 2012, my Simply Color postage stamp quilt. I'm hoping to have the backing done this week and get it basted as well..

crappy cell phone picture

Then I also had another 2012 quilt top I was able to finish, a baby pattern i've had on my list for a long time. I've got the backing done on this one, so its waiting to be basted as well..


Well, I've got today off as well for MLK Jr. so i'll be taking advantage and trying to complete some more things on my list. I have a bunch of new projects i'd like to start, but i'm trying to clean up and organize myself a bit first.. we'll see how long I can last. I'm also wayyy behind in my bee blocks so thats top priority.. Here's hoping my sewing motivation sticks around for a while!

11 comments:

  1. Great to see the mojo back. Loving the 'love'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like your mojo is well and truly back and hope it sticks around. I have been meaning to make one of those LOVE blocks for a cushion for ages - perhaps you have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I esp like the baby quilt. Pretty pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were having fun in the sewing space again! Those postage stamp quilts scare me silly! Exciting you have a couple almost ready to baste and quilt up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it's coming back Jennifer! I'm getting in the swing of things too, just started something yesterday with the leftovers of Pretty Little Things from the fussy fairytales quilt, and it felt good to get cutting again! No sewing yet, but today hopefully, though I also have work to do. We'll see what ends up being priority. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uh, yeah, definitely think you found it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your love quilt is great. I've been trying to think of a valentine's project for this year, and something like that just may be it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made those same love letters into a pillow for Paul last year for Christmas. Your projects are looking great

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the last quilt.
    is there a pattern for it somewhere?

    debbie.debaeremaeker at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...