Monday, August 6, 2012

DWR Project

This weekend, Rebecca and I decided to team up and help each other out in our pursuits to complete a Double Wedding Ring quilt. I've been eyeing the QAL that The Plaid Scottie hosted some time back and I finally decided to take the plunge (slowly) and put it on my Three Things for the month of August.

We decided to set weekly goals and check in with each other to keep the other on track. This week, we're gathering supplies and cutting the fabric for the arcs. I started pulling fabric, I've been hoarding some Fandango that I wanted to use for this.


Then, I started looking for my 2 fabrics for my "intersection squares"
Kailyn explains this well on her blog

(photo from The Plaid Scottie)

I pulled a bunch of fabrics, but I need help!

The fabrics on the bolts are the possible choices

I'm leaning towards the blue and green

but maybe the orange?

Thoughts? Help? Please? 
:)


17 comments:

  1. I'm definitely liking the orange and green. The blue and green feel a little dark to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stephanie, the orange looks better for some reason. Looks like it'll be a gorgeous quilt with those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I was leaning toward blue and green, but I'm liking that orange too now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the fated DWR - I ended up using 6 different fabrics for my intersection squares - but 3 were in the same blue family and 3 were in the same brown family... I think it depends on the color you will be featuring in the negative space area (everything but the arcs). If it will be very different I vote the green and orange; if it will be very similar I vote the blue and green to make the junctions pop more. Happy quilting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the blue and orange would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange and green I think, or just to be awkward, orange and blue?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Your fabrics are so beautiful and I love that colours collection! You are beginning a great project! I don't if we can help you with the colours because it depends so much what you like, but I would pick the orange and blue. I'm exited to see how that quilt is going to be. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the green and orange together as you have blue in the quilt already. Loving the fabric choices for the arcs =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty fabrics! These will make up into a lovely wedding band quilt. I vote for orange and green.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fabric choices! And it's always easier to get things done when you have someone else working along with you. As far as the squares, my vote goes for blue and green. For once I'm not voting for orange!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue and green here too! Loooove fandango - I've probably got some scraps I could send if you'd like?

    ReplyDelete
  12. personally, I like the blue & green too. Good luck - this will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'd like to see the orange with the blue or maybe blue with one of the yellows (I'm a big fan of blue and yellow!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your colours! I think the green and the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My gut reaction was orange but looking again I think I'd say green and blue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the blue and green too, but only if you are using the orange in the quilt too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...