Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"No-Pin" option

I just found out a bit of news surrounding the Pinterest issues and copyright on pictures that I thought I might share. 
Flickr recently started allowing their members the option of "no-pin"
Which means people will not be allowed to pin your flickr pictures, they'll have to go to the original source/bog post, etc.

If you have any interest in this here's how to go about doing it
Go to the privacy setting on flickr


The 2nd one down that says "allow others to share your stuff" 
make sure that says "no"
Flickr will automatically put in their "no-pin" code on your pictures

You can still pin your own things if you should choose to
but other people will not be able to.

Update - The fabulous Hadley brought it to my attention that this may prohibit you from being allowed to use pictures in mosaics and adding as favorites -- then she tested it, happy to report its not the case. Even if you "no-pin" you will still be able to use the pictures in mosaics and as favorites!
Thanks Hadley!

Pretty simple
I've found that you can still pin from a persons photo stream, but not the specific picture.
Still a work in progress I guess

If you want more information about this "no-pin" option I found some information here, here and here.

I personally don't mind people pinning my things, but I'd prefer they did it from the specific blog post and link it back to me, which is why I decided to turn off the pinning on flickr.
Also, I personally hate it when I find a pin and it takes me to a flickr page haha

No post is complete without a bit of loveliness..
Cut these last night for my next project 

Happy Tuesday :)

6 comments:

  1. Pretty colors for your next project. Can't wait to see what it adventures into.
    Have a great day!
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume the flickr sharing button stops people putting your pics in their mosaics too, which would be a shame (and is bloody annoying!) - I am not selling anything I have made, and definitely not designed anything worth 'stealing'!
    I wrote it somewhere else - if I was a photographer I would be more concerned, but then I'd put a watermark on, life's too short!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest is really changing up its policies lately! Many people have just come off it.
    Oooo can't wait to see what you're making =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, that's all well and good if there is a blog post, but many people don't use Flickr for their blog pics, they just have everything there, so then you can't see things at all - I don't use Flickr favourites because I like to have everything in one place. so guess I'll be avoiding this one like the plague!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colors in that last picture.

    I'm so conflicted and confused about Pinterest lately...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...