Monday, November 28, 2011

Back in Action!

Hey everybody!
Sorry for the blogging hiatus! It wasn't even planned, 
but then with the holiday life took over, yadda yadda..
Anyway! I've been busy and I have some finishes to show you!

first up - snowflake dresden
first time i've done a double dresden and I really like how it turned out!


zig-zagged the appliqué snowflake on top
(ah! imperfections up close! haha)

Then, I finished my elf wall hanging!

Seriously, in love with this one, can't wait to hang it up!
 I also ATTEMPTED to FMQ the borders..
that was another experience on its own and this is how it came out
(of course i'm not showing the curlicues with the wonky sides or straight curves?!)
definitely need more practice, but I tried!
acceptance is the first step?

More to show you tomorrow,
I also received some fun mail this past weekend!!
Have a happy Monday everyone!

:)


9 comments:

  1. Acceptance IS the first step - good going!! Fun finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely LOVE your double dresden. It's precious! And good for you at trying and showing us your FMQ. It does get easier, it just takes LOTS of practice and an uncritical eye. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dresden snowflake is awesome. Looks so complicated!

    And the elf wall hanging, what's not to love! It's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, glad you weren't sitting around bored ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OKAY!! I LOOOOOOOVE the snowflakes!! I am totally making some!!!!!

    And the elf wall hanging turned out SO cute!!! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the double dresden, what a gorgeous idea. The Elf quilt is so much fun. Good on you for entering the scary work of FMQ. Craftsy have an online course that I am going to attempt to do over the Christmas break to get some confidence up with this. http://www.craftsy.com/class/Machine-Quilting-Free-Motion-More/37;jsessionid=0B3F57442A967BF4B6DB0C9D59D7E089.marley. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your double dresden is adorable. But the Elf quilt is just too darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you give the dimensions for the dresden or a template?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...