Monday, February 13, 2012

Toot! Toot!

As you may know i'm not typically one to toot my own horn..
Today though, i'm too excited to care!

Matching seams!!
My nemesis and victory!


 My first attempt at curves!
This block is for the love circle at do.good stitches

I mayyy have had since January to do this block?
We took off January but it was posted so we could start February early if we wanted.
We used the pattern by Christine for this block.
If you're looking to try it, I definitely recommend it, the pattern is beautifully written and super clear to understand.

So what if it took me almost 2.5 hours to complete?
So what if I meticulously read and reread the pattern before I did anything!
(this is definitely not how I function)

So, all in all
I'm pleased.
Am I willing to try this again?
Not in the near future, but eventually. I do like the design a ton.


Spent this weekend building my inventory 
etsy store is fully restocked!
:)



18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the matching seems! I think I won't try sewing curves ... not yet ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, yay you! I have the templates for that on their way to me right now (in fact they should be here any day) looking forward to trying it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don´t like sewing curves.Love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at you matching seams...on a curve! Well done.
    Had a peek at your etsy shop. Lovely things in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Jennifer! Congrats on a successful attempt. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great, Jennifer! I started a block like this over the weekend, but only got one petal done before switching gears. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Your block looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the seams! Don't you just love when that happens?! Then I find after I quilt & wash, I can barely tell the difference between my perfect seams & the not so perfect. But I *know* which are which!
    I bought this pattern too, but am waiting until I pass curves class to start on it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha - are you doing curves class w/Stitched in Color?? Me too - - hopefully we both "pass"

      Delete
  9. You toot your horn girl! You did a great job and curves are also my nemesis. It feels great when we concure them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice curves!

    Visiting from QuiltStory's link-up!

    Mrs.Hearts
    www.busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hopped on over from Fabric Tuesday - love your blog! Your background is super cute and love this blog post!! =) I'll def. add you to my bloglist! anyway - onto the most important part of fabric tuesday - the project - - LOVE IT! Perfect seems is definetly a reason to toot that horn! I will be making this in a few weeks - hopefully I can get my seems to match, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it. Way better than I would so, so I totally understand being happy about matching seams!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I've made one of these so far and didn't have quite as much luck. I'm thinking I may need to order the tabslot templates.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love that block. You did a fabulous job!!! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...