Friday, February 17, 2012

Follower Friday

Phew! It's been a long week.. but we survived, Friday's here!!


This week we're lucky enough to have
Hadley!
Specs:
Name: Hadley
Family: Wonderful husband, 7 year old son and 5 year old twin girls.


Location: South Downs, West Sussex, England – a pretty little village with a couple of duck ponds and great school, I love it!
Twitter: @MrsFlyingBlind
Etsy: n/a

Day job: Part-time Civil Servant.
Dream job: Zero-time Civil Servant, Lottery Winner!

What are you working on now?  The Mouthy Stitches swap, and making quilts from as much stash fabric as I can.

Favorites:
Place: New Zealand.
Movie: Father Goose, the old Cary Grant film.
Food: Apple strudel with whipped cream.
Way to spend a Friday night:  An hour or so at the sewing machine, followed by some hand-sewing in front of the TV with hubby, a cup of tea, some chocolate and the kids all asleep in bed!

Fabric line:  Flea Market Fancy
Color: Aqua and orange.
Designer: Denyse Schmidt and Melody Miller, but I also love Etsuko Furuya, Heather Ross and Aneela Hoey.

Project completed by you: My Constellation quilt has got to be the best; 24.5” blocks made by my wonderful Brit Bee friends, constant collaboration/encouragement/harassment from Katy the (Fat Quarterly) designer, the biggest quilt I have made to date (72”x72”), and I adore it for all these reasons, and it turned out more beautiful than I ever imagined it would!



Project when you need a quick finish: Zippy purses, and pouches – I had a bit of a Christmas bonanza!
 


Least Favorites:
Color: Brown (like you didn’t know!) and Red – there are some exceptions, but they have to be very special.
Fabric line: Anything ‘funny’, comedy prints are not amusing!  And all Batiks!!
Project completed by you: The Ugly Boutique Quilt – There was one great print, on the top of the layer cake, the rest just don’t do it for me at all, the colours are all just ‘wrong’!  However it is the quilt that gets used the most, as it can be dragged round the garden and fought over by the kids and I don’t care!


Thank you so much for having me Jennifer xxx

Thank you Hadley!
And you were afraid you wouldn't be very interesting :)
Another fabulous interview!

If you'd like to be a part of the follower Friday
email me at


Side note:
If anyone is interested in joining an I-spy Swap
check it out, Steph's looking for people!

:)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my kids are so much nicer in photos than real life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that I'm reading a lovely profile of Hadders and my little sheep block pops up at the end. Woo hoo! Double bonus for me :)

    Great post, J&H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love a little Hadders madness in one's day, not least when one realises her kids are just as nutty as she is ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Hadley. I think we should make her a brown quilt to snuggle up under. I think I have some brown batiks lying around here somewhere... :)

    BTDubs, I joined the swap. I have some toaster fabric that would be perfect that I don't know what else to do with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...