Friday, February 3, 2012

Follower Friday

I think these posts are seriously becoming one of my favorites
and nooo - not just because it means its Friday :)


This week the spotlight's on
Danny!
Specs:
Name: Danny
Family:  My handsome hubby, Brent, and Little Miss Maze

Location: Gilbert, Arizona, USA
Flickr: dheyen
Day job: Stay-at-home-momma
Dream job: Um, stay-at-home-momma?? Maybe if I didn't have kids I would want to own a bookstore

What are you working on now?
Bah! What am I NOT working on now?! My to-do list is constantly a mile long, mostly because I really love doing things for people. Acts of Service. It's my love language. Right this second, I am working on the Sew. Happy. Quilt. QALa pouch for my super-duper secret partner through Mouthy Stitchesbee stuffs for Stash Bee and Beejeebersbaby shower stuffs, a mystery project sure to put a smile on the recipient's face and few odds and ends, like potholders and pillows. I've also been putting together stacks for some projects in the planning stage:



Favorites:
Place: Mmm. Anywhere with coffee. And books. And quilts. And food. There must be food.

Movie: You've Got Mail- With all the great movies this world has seen and all the dozens I have on my shelf, this is my go to. Who can resist Tom Hanks' charm and Meg Ryan's spunk?! Not me! Plus, it has quilts and coffee and books and while food doesn't play quite as prominent a role as it should, they feature daisies. And daisies are my favorite.

Food: Oh, how will I choose?? I really like bean and cheese burritos. And also tiramisu. I would eat them together. I don't care.
Way to spend a Friday night: Sitting on the couch in my living room with my man candy and little lady catching up on all the shows we missed throughout the week. I'm a homebody.

Fabric line: For reals? I have to choose?! Right now, I would have to say Folksy Flannel. I bought a half yard bundle of the whole line. I'm going to be making me a REALLY big quilt!
Color: I love green. It's my favorite. Purple is right on it's heels though. Too bad they don't go together very well.

Designer: Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. So difficult to choose. Right now, I'm really crushing hard on Anna Maria Horner and Lizzy House. Can't get enough!



Project completed by you: Oh man. I don't know... I was proud of myself for making my first purse:

And for making Clara a rocking, scrappy stocking:


And I really like the tree block I made for Sunni. I think I am going to have to make one for myself!



Project when you need a quick finish: Burp cloths. There's something in the water out here. Everyone's having babies so there is always someone to pawn them off on.


Least Favorites:
Color: Hmm... I'm a color lover but I have a hard time with pastels. I like jewel tones and rich hues.
Fabric line: This isn't all that difficult for me. A Stitch in Color. Hate it. I don't know why, I just really don't like it. It harshes my mellow. I realize it's new and lots of people love it, and to them I say, "buy it!" I just don't want any.


Project completed by you: There are OH SO MANY terrible creations coming from my sewing room. I attempted a high waisted, zippered skirt once... It fit my sister, which is saying a lot since I'm a 10 and she's a 00. Yeah. That sucked. I wish I had pictures to show you just how ridiculous it was. I guess I was just trying to protect my rep!

Thanks so much for letting me bombard your blog with so much ME,  Jennifer!


Thank YOU so much for participating Danny!

If you'd like to be featured in an upcoming Friday please email me
If you've already been featured and would like to grab a button from my sidebar please do so!! 

Have a great weekend everyone
:)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Danny, purple and green don't go together? Have you consulted your colour wheel lately? ;o) I'm with you on the Stitched in Colour line though, it's really not doing it for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I agree with Katy - didn't you see my Across The Sea quilt? (Then again, maybe you did!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen your quilt! I tried going to your site to look at it, but I couldn't easily find it there either... :( I'd love to see it. I think when I was saying purple and green don't go, I was thinking of the hunter green/deep purple combo my aunt likes so much. It's just SO dark for me!

      Delete
  3. Cute family! And I totally agree on Stitched in Color. Not my thing, though she has done plenty of other cool stuff. Love those mustache burp cloths!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...