Friday, February 10, 2012

Follower Friday

It's that time of week again!
Woohoo!


This week our follower is..
Tara! 
Specs:
Name: Tara
Family: My awesome boyfriend Allen (giver of the new Janome sewing machine I got for Xmas!!) and 2 dogs, Remi & Taylor (brother and sister who DO NOT leave each others side…ever!)
Location: Sunny South Florida
Etsy: only as a shopper, not a seller!

 

Day job: I’m a full time student and a nanny/babysitter to two wonderful children; I’ve been with them almost four years now.
Dream job: Stay at home mom (I keep wanting to start the stay at home part now, then I have to remind myself I don’t have any children yet…)

What are you working on now?
What aren’t I working on? I’m participating in the Swoon Along, the Sew Happy Quilt QAL, Circa 1934 placemats for our dining table, trying to finish hand quilting a Christmas quilt (hey, I have at least 10 more months to go until Xmas time again…), another 241 Tote from Noodlehead….I'm also doing the Summer Sampler quilt-a-long but luckily it's way over so I don't have to wait week-to-week to get the new instructions...I’ll stop there J




Favorites:
Place: I love being at home.  Here I can sew, read, work on homework, watch tv and cuddle with the boyfriend, cook, bake…how many other places can I accomplish all of those all in one spot?
Movie: I’m not the biggest tv/movie watcher but here are a few I love: Everything is Illuminated (I love the book as well), The Big Blue, and for some reason I really love the Father of the Bride movies.
Food: Tacos? Sushi? I really love fruits and vegetables, I could eat them all day.
Way to spend a Friday night: Getting any remaining homework out of the way so I can have a school work free weekend, then ordering in dinner and watching a few tv shows on the couch with my boyfriend.


Fabric line: Right now I really love Rendezvous by Anthology and Echo by Lotta Jansdotter.
Color: Anything citrusy – orange, green, yellow.
Designer: I don’t know that I have a favorite designer…I’m not picky, I like almost anything!

Project completed by you: (include pictures!) I really love the quilt I made for my mother, it was the cover quilt from the Modern Log Cabin Quilting book. I was so excited when I finally finished the binding (and adding the 60 buttons) at 10 o’clock at night that my boyfriend and I (in our pj’s) drove to my parents’ house to deliver it while it was still my mom’s actual birthday…which means I also forgot to take pictures L But right now I’m really loving the Sew Happy Quilt A Long quilt I’m working on, I wait eagerly each week for the new tutorial to pop up.


Project when you need a quick finish: Charm square placemat’s always seem really quick…then I remember that they involve a lot of binding…note to self: must learn to machine bind.

Least Favorites:
Color: Purple!
Fabric line: I can visualize using pretty much any fabric line, and I do like pretty much anything, but I’m not the biggest Amy Butler fan (therefore I can’t name a specific line as I don’t really like any of hers and never look at their names!)
Project completed by you: My least favorite completed project is probably the HST baby quilt I started for my sister when she found out she was having a girl (due on Valentine’s Day!!). I chose pinks that were too close in color/print so they all look the same to me.

Big Plans for 2012
I’d like to learn a few things this year….cathedral windows and machine binding being two of them. I’d also like to join or a bee or two, but I just don’t know how to find them!

241 Tote



          This has been fun and I really thank you for the opportunity!


Thank YOU Tara!



If you would like to be featured on Follower Friday
email me

Have a fabulous weekend everyone 
:)



3 comments:

  1. Hello Tara!
    Keep an eye on this flickr thread for Bees
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/quiltingbeeblocks/discuss/72157617103871916/page12/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the bee advice - I've actually joined one now, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...