Monday, October 17, 2011

Sunday Sewing

Alright, this weekend I was able to devote a solid amount of time to sewing.. yay!!
(I forgot how my back feels after 4-5 hours at the machine.. ouch!)

Woohoo!! Finished the top quilt for my elf wall hanging!


Close-up of all the blocks - I decided to keep the witches heels for a "girly elf"
added some variety :)


Thennn, Friday night my younger sister came home from school.
Apparently theres a bright street light sitting between her windows and though she has blinds at her college apartment she still has trouble blocking the lights.
We went and picked up some fabric - couldn't find any cute upholstery(thicker) fabric so we went with cotton and I backed it up to black fabric. 


Total of 4 panels made, it was a windy day and I didn't want to wrestle with all of them! 



The happy monster with her curtain panel :) 

So all in all, productive weekend, I also got the top almost finished on my christmas table runner - just need to add some borders.. more on that later this week!

Have a great Monday!
:)

13 comments:

  1. This wall hanging is going to be spectacular!!! I like the red witch heels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute elves! You are already way ahead of me on Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute!

    Hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab elves, particularly like the one in heels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the elves are adorable! what a great project. love the fabric you're using too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with that quilt top! It's adorable and just the right amount of whimsy. You are such a good sister :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those elf legs. Great pattern! And those heels!! Priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome elf quilt! The heels are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Really wonderful wall quilt! I love those heels, toffels and stockings ... so great Christmas feeling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...