Monday, October 3, 2011

Kaleidoscope Kites Quilt

I finished this quilt this past summer, but only now realized I didn't get to show it off! ;)

I made this using a FREE pattern from Fresh Lemons 
(such a great pattern, all squares, easy enough for even the newest sewer!)
It measures around 63" x 72" 

I decided to try hand stitching this one. I used graduated floss so the color changed and color coordinated the floss to the blocks.


The backing I designed by using up scraps left from the front.

They broke up the heavy pattern on the backing well..



Close up of the backing

 

To date, this quilt is one of my top 5 - It's HUGE and warm and just totally amazing. Lot of love went into this quilt with all that hand stitching, definitely one i'm keeping!

14 comments:

  1. Jennifer - you did such a great job, it is beautiful! The hand stitching is just the right finishing touch. I'm so glad you enjoyed the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Your hand-stitching just made this quilt! It's so lovely! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! I love the rainbow of colors and the piecing on the back adds a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've bookmarked this pattern and hope to make it someday. The hand-stitching it beautiful and the backing is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love how you hand quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful! I just love bright quilts. They're so fun and lively.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super quilt - I love the way the blocks seem to have their own shadows, very clever use of value.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! The rainbow colors are great, and your hand stitching is wonderful! Congratulations on a great quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool, love it with the rainbow colours

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! What a great pattern and fab colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a lovely quilt and the handstitching you have done is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Hand stitched??? You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete



  13. Toronto Kite Fliers is a different connection, included in an array of Kitesurf pursuits and also performs strongly with regional kite clubs in addition to clubs throughout British isles Columbia, Quebec, canada .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...