Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Let's Get Acquainted

Welcome to Knotted-Thread, one of the blogs on the Let's Get Acquainted blog hop!


So, the point of this swap is to "get acquainted" and get to know each other better.
So for those of you who are first time visitors.. HI! My name is Jennifer
and i'm a 20-something quilter/blogger. I've been blogging
for a little less than a year, and quilting for about 18 months (avidly)
I'm currently in the process of making a HUGE move
(from the east coast of the US to Hawaii!)
later this month. 

Here are a few of my favorite projects so far:


Beth, our fearless leader of the Blog Hop suggested a little Q&A
so here we go..

How long have you been quilting
I've been avidly quilting for about a year and a half
I had been exposed to quilting through my mom before that
but never personally got interested until later on..

       Favorite blogging tip
Be yourself!
Don't worry about followers and your stats.
You will go crazy looking at these, I did too when I first started blogging
and it really takes the fun out of it. 

Favorite fabric    
Kate Spain anything!  

Favorite quilting tool     
Normally I would say my water-soluble marker.. but 
then I had this fiasco, so I'm going to retract that
and say a Hera marker now :)  

Now, since the theme of the blog hop is novelty prints
I decided to go with the classic I-spy... with a twist.


Personally, part of the fun of I-spy books were playing with the magnifying glass
So, I decided to made a pocket for the magnifying glass within 
the I-Spy quilt!



Now, the post is word/picture heavy so I decided to do a separate post (here)
or a printable pdf file (here)

Now, I'm thinking it would be a fun idea to host an I-spy swap
as an appendage to my post
So, if you're interested, leave me a comment
We'll do 56 people, 1 yard of fabric apiece.

Now, the tricky part.. i'm moving in 2 weeks,
so I'll hold sign-ups now, but
no one will be sending fabric until after July 16th!
(gives us time to fill up the swap also)

Once you've commented,
I will email you with the link to the flickr group and more information.

Don't forget to go see Diane at Willowbeck Designs, she's posting today too!

Later this week, Thursday be sure to check out

    Sarah from Sarah Lou
    Catherine from Knotted Cotton

45 comments:

  1. Great to learn more about you Jennifer. I love the I spy quilt. That is such a clever idea to add the pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea - love the little magnifying glass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun project, I love the little magnifying glass pocket! Water soluble pens make me so nervous. I had a project the other day where I thought I had gotten the marks out, but they reappeared after ironing! Good luck on your move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good sp far - I lveo I-Spy quilts!! I'm going to check out the pdf now. From a fellow Blog-hopper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love I Spy quilts and love the pocket in it for a magnifying glass! Great idea! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun to read more about you. Your move sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah! love this idea. my kids would love it...and I'd love to be in the swap! Good luck on the move:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your Quilt! I'd be interested in the swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the little added twist on the ISpy! Nice to meet you - I am going to be a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hawaii! lucky girl. love all your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm not going to play in the swap, but fun idea for the magnifying glass. As for going crazy looking at stats, I totally agree... oh look, I have more followers than you bwhahahaha ;o) Heh, just kidding, no idea if I do or not.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, I cant even imagine getting the opportunity to move to Hawaii. Love the idea for the pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOOH! I love this! So cute!

    I thought moving from the midwest to the west coast was hard. Good luck! (Yay for Hawaii!)

    A swap would be fun, and I think I could do it. Could you send me the info? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a fun idea! I have been looking for some swaps to join so I'm in =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jennifer, this is such a darling idea! My girls love I-Spy quilts and magnifying glasses (they love playing detective), so this would be a big hit with them for sure. Great post today!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great idea - nice to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to "meet" you! Such a cute idea! I would be interested in the swap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm stopping over from the blog hop! What a cute idea, I would have never thought of that! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like your zigzag quilt...especially how you took a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you. I really like your projects. Everything is very pretty. Goo luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the spy glass - and good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your retro flowers, but the magnifying glass has to be one of the best ideas ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The magnifying glass is a cute idea, and the quilt is darling. Glad to get to know you from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a very clever idea of adding the magnifying glass to the whole I spy theme. Very cute quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow Jennifer, I love the zipper pocket idea with the magnifying glass! Your quilts look really gorgeous! And yes, Kate Spain is one of my favorites too!:) Good luck with your move to Hawaii, I envy you a little bit! :) Are you going to try the Hawaiian applique? :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow I use my water soluble pen 24/7, so that really freaks me out :| Your quilt is so adorable!!!! I definitely want to join your swap, I need fabric to make this quilt! My flickr is PileOFabric

    ReplyDelete
  27. love the pocket idea! And glad to hear you now have a HERA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. A little late catching up with the blog hop, but I loved your post, and your blog looks great! I'm looking forward to poking around a little more. So jealous about your move to Hawaii, though I'm not sure I envy the logistics! As for your bachelor's in history...at least you're not getting a PhD in it. ;-)

    And I'd love to participate in your swap!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is so so fun! I love the idea of a pocket! That swap sounds like so much fun! I'd love to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL! I'm definitely a Kate Spain addict myself. That I-Spy quilt with the magnifying glass pouch is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is a really cute idea to include a pouch for the magnifying glass! Love an I-Spy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a clever idea for the magnifying glass pocket! I really liked your favorite blogging tip - so true! I don't know where in Hawaii you are going, but maybe you could connect with oneshabbychick - one of my favorite bloggers! I believe she is in Oahu. Good luck with the move!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just stopping by on the blog hop - nice to meet you. The pouch for the magnifying glass is a great idea. Cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I would love to join in an I-spy swap but am in the UK so not sure how that would work.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very cute and the magnifying glass is just brilliant. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi!!!! I love your blog!!!!! I had lots of fun looking around!!!! THanks

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's really cool- my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi, I came to your blog via the hop along. It's a lovely idea to add the magnifying glass. Am I too late to take part in your I spy swap? I'd like to have a go, I haven't taken part in a swap before.

    http://www.flickr.com/people/liverpool_feminist/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Stopping by from the blog hop - nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the retro flowers quilt -- all of the quilts in that mosaic are lovely, really.

    I'm stopping by from the blog hop -- I'd love to join in on the I-Spy swap, if there's still space. (I already stopped by the Flickr group, via the Blog Hop Flickr group.)
    -Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Jennifer, nice to meet you. I'm a bit late catching up with everyone's posts. You've done a lot of nice work in a short amount of time quilting. Good luck with the huge move.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow thats a long move ur making. I hope all will go well and that u will settle in nicely in Hawaii. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nice to meet you - the magnifying glass pocket if genius!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Am I too late for the I-spy sign up??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...