Thursday, December 15, 2011

Progress..


So, what do 180 HST's and 72 flying geese have in common?

They are all a part of my new SWOON quilt!

I know, I know, before you say it I will.
But.. you still haven't finished your first swoon..
There's a theory to my madness.
I'm not finishing this one until I find the last color block that I LOVE.
This quilt is fabulous to me, and I worked hard on it, so I want it to stay fabulous.

I'm on the hunt for a "true blue" for the last block but the hunt will be
postponed till after Christmas

So, back to the new Swoon.
This one is for my parents bedroom in our beach house.
Their room is yellow
We're using "True Blue" by Benartex

Found the yellow floral version at my LQS and only ONE fq of the blue floral
OF COURSE this led to the online search for more, which luckily I found
Paired them with a solid-ish and voila!

I'll show more once I start constructing..
its taking longer since i'm working on all 9 blocks at once

Have a fabulous day everyone!
btw, 10 days till Christmas!!
:)


8 comments:

  1. OH WOW! You are something else - ha! This is terrific - so all the blocks will be the same?? I'm anxious to see more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this fabulous 'Swoon' block on other blogs - is it a commercial pattern or a freebie somewhere?? I feel I've missed out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Swoon?? Wow, you're a trooper!! Maybe some day I will too, but not yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I'm not sure whether to bow at your feet or check you into one of those places with the nice padded rooms and jackets that let you hug yourself ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a brilliant idea! I just bought the pattern, have selected my Hometown FQs and plan to start sometime next year. I'm looking forward to seeing both your Swoons :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you... wait til the perfect fabic speaks to you for your fabooo swooon quilt.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you chose for your first swoon quilt. I've been hearing about swoon everywhere. How do I get in on the goodness??

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great i love all the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...