Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas 2011

Anyone remember my post about Christmas 2010 when I made this quilt?


Well, this years job was to make a quilt from the scraps for boyfriend's mom!
What do you think?

I love this design, whichever way you look at it your eye catches something different


 Same Yankee fleece backing as 2010


I didn't bind this quilt, I turned it inside out and topstitched the edge and inner edge
Simple enough, but will keep the batting in place
I was afraid too much quilting would take away from the design and also, have you ever tried to quilt fleece? ugh, pulling and puckering mess.


Quilt Stats:
Size: 48" x 60"
Pattern: inspired by Boxy Stars but modified by myself
Quilted by: myself
Completed: December 4, 2011

Christmas Quilts 2011

 
Boxy Stars

I have 20 days to spare?! I'm pretty excited.. maybe I can sneak another one in?? hmm
:)

15 comments:

  1. It looks great!! That pattern is one of my favorites!! SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design! Congrats on an early finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab, WTG! The end of my list to make is nearly in sight, and I'm also wondering if I can sneak a quilt in now... I've got the fabric all cute, sorted and clipped together by block, so maybe? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Boxy Stars is a beautiful quilt! Your boy friends mother is quite the lucky lady.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So awesome, Jennifer! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pattern and the colors! There's a ton of movement in the design; it makes it really fun to look at (I'm sure there's a more descriptive word than "fun" that I just can't think of right now...). I'm also impressed that you topstiched it; there's no way I would have been able to turn it inside out without it becoming a huge puckered mess! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful pattern, so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not seen this pattern before,it looks great.Yes, you can get another one done before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of your Christmas 2011 quilts are so pretty!! I love the black and white for through the ages, that is just wonderful! And the boxy stars, well the only thing that could make it better is Cubs fleece on the back :) It's a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab quilt - it really stands out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work! You're right ... the pattern is very intriguing and nifty. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this quilt - pattern is great and colors are beautiful! Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Through the Ages is awesome! You may put much energy and love into it

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your quilts! Thanks so much for linking up!!! I'm in total awe of your piecing skills!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...