Monday, September 19, 2011

Mod Times Quilt Along

So I decided to take the plunge a few weeks back and participate in a quilt-along... only problem was the quilt along was already finished.. whoops!

I fell in love with this quilt a looooong time ago.


I also had purchased some of the DS fabric when it was first available through an awesome sale at Joann's. I loved the initial picture posted with the quilt along so I knew I would have to use that in my quilt as well.

Here's what I came up with...


TA DAAAAAA!
Along with the DS for the center blocks, I outlined them in Kona gray and used Kona snow for the white. The back is just something I picked up in my travels. It was a no name, nothing special but because of the blues I had to have it.


 guess what.. it matches, perfectly!
The contrast between dark and light picks up all the blue shades on the front

Here's a closeup..

 

As you can see I just did a simple straight quilting, because i'm still adjusting to this before I jump into the world of free motion quilting (i'm terrified).

Alright, one more picture with my FABULOUS backdrop.. totally had to take advantage when I was there!!

sigh.. just another reminder that summer has reached a close.. its bittersweet for sure

Till next time :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful quilt and wonderful backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job - I love this design and may have to belatedly do this QAL as well! Enjoy your quilt. It`s quite beautiful...as is the back drop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is on my list, too! You did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! That one is on my "to-sew" list! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It's so beautiful! I saw this pattern a while ago and also fell in love! I'll have to actually get this on a list so I start stitching. Fantastic finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't be terrified of FMQ! Take the plunge :) It's a great quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt. Go for the FMQ it really isn't that bad. I just took my second class, I think it just takes doing it a lot to get good :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great pattern & a great quilt! It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...