Monday, September 12, 2011

100 Quilts for Kids

Woohoo for a productive weekend! 
I completed my 100 Quilts for Kids!!



 Love this binding!


 For whatever reason the blocks look crooked in this picture.. they're really not in person haha

close up of quilting

Please excuse the nighttime shots, I was so excited when I was finished I couldn't wait to take pictures!
This quilt top was my favorite yet. The colors are so bright and I have loved this line (Terrain by Kate Spain) since it was released.. This is the first time my entire family has tried to convince me to keep a quilt, but this baby will be sent to Back to Basics.
Victoria from Bumble Beans is fantastic and organizes this program. 
Since I personally don't know of any children's charities in my direct area, I figured this would be a good place to send it!


The only part of this quilt that I less than love, is the red backing -- error on my part, I ordered this online and the picture looked more pink and bright than it actually was.. Guess I might need to invest in a Kona color card... oh well, lesson learned!

btw.. i'm linking up canoe ridge creations - Sumo's Sweet Stuff - Sew Chatty - Skip to my Lou

21 comments:

  1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! IT'S Beautiful! I thank you so much for taking the time to make something to share. it means so much to me, and even more tot he child who will receive this quilt. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! A beautiful finish - you must be so happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, love! Sure the recipients will too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think it looks great! Both the front and the back are beautiful. Be proud of this fantastic accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME! What a wonderful idea. I would love to complete something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! It's great! I'm heading down to work on mine right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's perfect! I love the style and colors, too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Terrain...absolutely love your quilt, and love it`s for 100 Quilts for Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your quilt! so bright and happy! i am sure it will make someone feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the quilting! It looks so great!! Wonderful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors and who ever gets this will too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful quilt! Did you come up with the pattern yourself or find it somewhere? Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! I love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! I got a Terrain bundle in the mail yesterday and can't wait to cut into it. I love how the black makes the colors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love this quilt! Don't worry about the backing color...whatever works! Any child would love it and the FRONT!

    The blocks are adorable and look great with the black outlining them!

    Keep up the great work!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great little quilt! I really like it in Terrain!! Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty quilt. I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  18. kona cards are excellent. :) I highly recommend it. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous!!! Love the backing colors and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the black sashing! I don't use much black in my quilting, but your pictures inspire me to try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...