Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pillow Talk Swap 10

I decided to sign up for the Pillow Talk Swap on flickr after watching from the sidelines for many rounds, I was always astounded by the pillows I saw and really worried I wouldn't be able to create something "up to par" -- well, I took the jump and i'm so glad I did!

I started stalking my partner and found this picture, I felt that it completely epitomized her requests for low volumes mixed with bright colors!

So, I started pulling fabrics and got started on the squares..


I was a little leery of the "low volume" prints and I think that low volume is so subjective, but thanks to all my IG friends, I started feeling much much better and got back to work..

 
Sorry for terrible cellphone photo



I decided to stick with some simple straight line quilting for this one..


Voila! 
Completed Pillow!


and the back..


excuse the lumps -- I only had an 18" form for a 20" case
so I stuffed it with batting 

This made its way across the Pacific to Rachel safely
and she seems pleased with it

So i'd say first go at the PTS = success

I'm still eagerly and not so patiently waiting for mine to arrive!! 


I also decided to link up my quilt from the Pillow Talk Swap 10 for Jennifer's Modern Mini Challenge!













13 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, i plan on making a LV quilt for our bed just like this good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so lovely! I bet your partner was delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome Jennifer! And the back is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my first time in the swap as well :) your pillow is soo lovely very lucky partner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - I've been thinking about making a LV/Brights plus quilt - this just stoked the flame. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job on this pillow and yeah you for letting it pull double duty for the Modern Mini Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...