Wednesday, March 6, 2013

W.i.P.

I'm breaking away from the regularly posted Work in Progress post to give you some insight as to why my list has nothing done.. Last week I found myself 3 days before the end of the month with my "February Finishes" complete. Super exciting! I decided to do some "fun sewing" as opposed to the fun sewing i'm doing, but to meet a deadline..





I decided to try swoon again with my new Carnaby Street ! 
It's definitely motivating me tackle my March list so I can keep going!

In fact, that's exactly what I was doing Friday night/Saturday morning when there was a knock on my door Saturday mid morning.. The postman had a box.. that was supposed to be here on Tuesday February 19TH! It was 16 t-shirts to be made into a t-shirt quilt.. by MONDAY. Seriously hate how slow mail is out here.. anyway, they showed up and it was a whirlwind of sewing to get that one completed and out the door Monday morning (it was for a gift for a friend this Friday! fingers crossed it makes it in time)..


I did manage some beach time on Sunday, and made a new friend!

Crisis averted right, i'm feeling good and I have the next few days to work on my list...

Then, Monday morning I wake up to a text message from my dad that his cousin has a new granddaughter - my thoughts, awe how nice! - Immediately followed by another text.. "so can you make them a quilt?" Talk about NO warning! Mad dash sewing commences again, this time with LOTS of hsts.. UGH. I'm at the binding stage, thankfully, its a baby size so its small!




Fingers crossed I spend the rest of the week(end) working on things I had planned to actually work on.

As always, i'm linking up with Lee
:)

Don't forget Honey, Honey bundles are on sale until Friday!!



13 comments:

  1. Lots of high pressure projects!! The baby quilt looks very sweet. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. Swooning for your swoons! They are fabulous! Sounds like you've been in the middle of a quilting whirlwind! Hope things calm down a bit so you can work on the projects you planned to work on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! You need more beach time! ;-) Or at the very least more Swoon time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Rushed projects that you aren't making for funsies are always so frustrating for me. I'm happy to see someone who is able to successfully complete them! Also, I love your new turtle friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super stressful makes, but looking forward to seeing the baby quilt all done! Fingers crossed no curve balls come your way this week. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet! I love those Swoon blocks, and I'm quite partial to your turtley friend as well. I just scored some Honey Honey last week. Any line that makes me think orange is not my least favorite color has got to be a keeper. Thanks for stopping by WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! I think the vast majority of people, even our own family members, have no clue how much time and work goes into a quilt, even a baby quilt!! Looks like you're due for a nice break!! Lots of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many deadlines - glad you were able to put in some fun sewing, too. Best of luck with your March goals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun sewing? Beach? You have no time for that my girl ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I have to say I wasn't that taken with carnaby street but it looks fabulous in your swoon blocks!! Way to go with the pressure sewing too! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...