Monday, April 29, 2013

April or BUST?

Well, April has been a complete bust when it comes to sewing for me.. My parents and grandparents came to visit, immediately followed by our friends from New Jersey. Now school is winding down so i've have many an IEP meeting and working on that.. phew..

I'll just give a quick recap of April, then be back on track with my sewing projects!!

gma and dad

 mom and dad

My 89 year old grandpa flew to CA and took a 14 day cruise to spend ONE
day with me on Maui.. I have the most amazing family :) :)

The night before my mom was leaving to come see me, she called with "a favor"
apparently one of her friends is moving and she wanted to give them a quilt, and she was hoping to be able to take it with her when she left.. 10 days later
So this was what I came up with
I used Serenata for the quilt top and backing

embroidered with "Bless our home"
and the back had a place for my mom and her friends to sign their well wishes

I used Elizabeth Hartman's block design for the house
All in all, super happy with how it came out and it went together really fast.

Another reason that i've been so MIA is because...
boyfriend and I got ENGAGED!!!!

He waited until my parents arrived, asked my dad and then they spent a week
planning and getting the ring
He asked at sunset with my parents there... couldnt have been more perfect for me


Traditional blowing of the conch shells at sunset.. family tradition ;)


So there you have it, why i've been so MIA!
Now, back to the sewing and regularly scheduled programming

:)

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful family, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Hadley said. SO happy for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great month! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have some pretty good excuses so no detention today ;) Congrats again Jennifer - I love love love the conch shell photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a great month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What wonderful news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such good times despite minimal sewing. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Engagement is a great reason to be MIA... Now for the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's an April you'll never forget. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats girl! Can't ask for a better location than Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! What a great way to have an engagement. Sewing can wait when you have that much excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo, congrats! Love your family too :oD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Jen! What a great month with lots more to look forward too. :) I hope you guys have a blast planning your day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It just doesn't get much better than all that, does it? I'm so excited for you and the BF! Can't wait to hear about wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! Now you have the wedding plans to take up time! But that is a wonderful way to spend your time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...