Sunday, December 30, 2012

Goals for 2012 - Lookback


This year was my first full year of blogging, and when it started I made a list of goals that I wanted to achieve for myself..







1. Learn to paper piece 
This was the "2 months of EPP" but I did learn how to do it! I even participated in the blog hop that Laura and Katy hosted. More will definitely be happening in 2013, i've developed a serious addiction, such a portable thing!





2. Guest blog on someone's blog
So, though I technically didn't do this, I did start Follower Fridays on my blog and had a lot of people featured. Speaking of, we'll be starting back up in January so if you'd like to be featured send me an email at knot.threads@gmail.com

3. Improve my FMQ'ing skills
Slow and steady wins the race with this one. I've worked on stippling, but i'd like to expand more this year and get more adventurous.

4. Host a swap 
I hosted 2 swaps! And it gave me a MUCH larger appreciation for the women that host swaps... its a ton of work!

5. Participate in a quilt-a-long 
I participated in Sew Happy Geek's QAL in January, as well as the Retro Flowers QAL later in the year. I'm already looking to join some this year too :)



6. Write more tutorials
This one is a struggle for me, I feel very unoriginal and that my techniques are much like many others, so this hasn't been a priority for me, but I know how helpful they are for me, so i'd like them to be available for others too.. i'll work on it.

7. Use up my stash! (hehe, isn't that always on everyone's list??)
So, not only did I not accomplish this one, I opened my own shop! Which means the fabric collection INCREASED!

8. Participate in a craft fair
This will be moved to 2013. I've already started looking into some.

So, looking back, I did well with my crafty goals. I think my personal life changed so much this year that my sewing may have suffered at times, but all in all, great year. Can't wait for 2013!

8 comments:

  1. Put come to the FQ Retreat as a goal for 2013!!! Just suggesting. ;-)

    2012 looks like it was a pretty spectacular year for you. Love the variety in your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had a fab year, the highlight, of course, being the fabulous people you met at SS... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great year Jen! So many gorgeous quilts, look forward to what 2013 will bring :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a terrific year, and your recent press-coverage proves it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've had an amazing year Jennifer and it has been great to be in WBMT bee with you and your mosaics are full of wonderful creations! I hope 2013 is even better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a pretty fun year to me! I am still in love with your Retro Flowers quilt... Makes me wish I'd made a bigger one. :) Would love to have you join our year-end link party at Craft Buds, if you're interested! http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2012-year-in-review-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I think you did fantastic on your list!! It's been so fun to follow along with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...