Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Family Recap

As some of you may know boyfriend's parents were visiting for the past two weeks so sewing has been minimal, but the fun was excessive! We decided to island hop and take in the sights at Kauai while they were here -- vacation for us! Seems weird, we live on an island, but the normal problems people experience are here with us, so it was great to get away for a few days..

Warning, picture overload :)

boyfriend and I are clearly excited.. and a bit tired

really really little plane..

Molokini coastline


Taro ponds on Kauai

Finally on the beach!

Did I mention we were at the St. Regis
(same hotel from the movie "Descendants" when they're on Kauai!)


Christmas in Hawaii


Honolea Bay
(as in the song, Puff the Magic Dragon!)

seems like a great place to park.. right?

boyfriend clearly enthused about driving the mini van

view from our room


spouting horn on Kauai

If you've never been to Kauai, I definitely recommend a visit, the locals describe it as a older Maui (meaning its less developed) but moreso than Lanai or Molokai -- the one word I kept using to describe it.. lush. Think green, gorgeous mountains, untouched lands and just nature at its finest. Great trip!

Back to our regularly scheduled programming tomorrow with some sewing i've been working on! :)

15 comments:

  1. Oh your sneak peek of sewing looks amazing! And your mini holiday - well, I am trying really, really hard not to be jealous. It looks stunning and best that you make the most of what is at your doorstep when you are out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Great way to relax and get in the Christmas spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holiday looks blissful! I can't believe that's your winter. Cant wait to see more of that quilt - looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We spent Christmas in Kauai every 3 years... love it! Last year my Mom, sister, college age daughter and I stayed for 4 weeks and it was amazing. Hubby and son only had 9 days because of school. Each trip we think we will visit another island but never have~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing! Kauai is my favorite island. Did you get some Lappert's ice cream? It is my favorite ice cream ever. And the Napali coast may be one of my favorite places ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow - looks awesome! Have been to 3 other islands, but not yet Kauai....some day! So glad you had a fun get-away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous! I live on an island too. hehe Maybe not quite as tropical though, we are definitely not laying on the beach these days. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I'm officially jealous. Also, super excited to see this next quilt you're working on, it looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it all looks rather fabulous, and lush! Enjoy it while you're there :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband and I woke up on the first morning of our honeymoon in Kauai seven years ago today. Your post brought back so many memories -- it was just about the best week of my life! Looks like you guys had fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. I am going there with my husband this summer. I so can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so cute! It looks like you guys had a great time exploring (the pic of your boyfriend driving the mini van cracks me up! That's pretty much how my husband would respond too! lol). I'm also pretty jealous of your nice tan. I can't remember when I last saw the sun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great trip for a gal from New Jersey! Living la vida loca, huh?
    What ever you are sewing looks fabulous. Can't wait to see the big reveal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...