Saturday, August 20, 2011

Disappearing Act

Hm.. so much for "jumping on the bandwagon" with this blogging business. I have been so busy teaching summer school, applying and interviewing for fall jobs, enjoying summer, etc, etc that this blog, and my attempt to stat it has fallen to the wayside. Well, IM BACK and I intend to do better and expand my blogging asap.

I recently joined the world of Mac users and am still adjusting from the PC to Mac switch. Well, with a new laptop comes a new laptop cover! :)

 front

 back with pocket

 cozy in its new cover!

finished product :)

This was my first attempt at something like this and after seeing a cuppa and a catch up and her beautiful cover, I decided to give it a try. Though, it was not without flaws, which I know you will be able to pick out. I decided i'm okay with it though because it was my first attempt and practice will make it better!

I attempted to follow the tutorial that a cuppa and a catch up had shared, but liked how she did it better, so I attempted to do so. I found the tutorial a bit hard to follow in places so I ended up measuring and piecing on my own (which is why I had problems and you can see how that worked out) - oh well, anyway, I LOVED the pocket idea for the back so that was a must and i'm not a fan of Velcro so I used my scraps for the closure. Definitely recommend this though, my laptop fits snugly (might have allowed more room next time) but for now, LOVE IT :)

Seee you sooooon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...