Monday, April 7, 2014

2014 Finish a Long Quarter 2

Hm, talk about taking some time off. My poor little blog has gone through some serious neglect in 2014! Well, now that i'm moved again (hopefully for the last time for a while) and settled back in, i've decided to jump back on board with the Finish A Long hosted by Katy

So, I didn't participate in Quarter 1 because I knew life would be crazy and I wouldn't have a chance to get much done. This quarter overlaps with the ending of my school year (which gets crazy as a teacher) but i'm going to shoot big anyway :)

Quarter 2 List -
1. Mystery Quilt - Now it hardly seems right to start off with a mystery but this one has a May deadline, so until then, it will need to stay that way

2. Swoon - This is one that my fiancé asked me to start way back when we were living in Hawaii -- i've fallen out of love with the individual blocks which is what lead to the dragging of my feet. Hopefully I can start putting this together and maybe the love will return. If not, at least we'll have a completed quilt on our bed instead of the individual smaller quilts we have now!


3. Maxi Skirts - I purchased some knits and i'd like to get some skirts made to wear this summer (I also may have promised my sister and pregnant best friend some as well!)

4. Tula Pink Sampler - I stalled on this one last summer, started working on it again this winter and have stalled again. I have 63 out of 100 completed. I'd like to have all 100 blocks completed for this quarter and maybe by quarter 3 have it completely done!

5. Stitch Tease blocks - stay up to date! Currently i'm slacking on March and April - these need to take top priority.

6. Knotted Threads Shop - I decided to open an appendage etsy shop to Knotted Thread the fabric shop (knotthreads on etsy) to show some handmade items and make it easier for those family and friends that want to "see what I do" and buy baby quilts, etc. Though the shop is "open" there are zero items currently listed. Need to start building some inventory and get that up and running. Once there are some things in there it will get a formal post for everyone.

Phew, between these mostly large projects, my full time job and planning a wedding in October… I should stay busy. I'll be making a more concerted effort to keep you all updated on my quilting as well as the shop happenings too!

10 comments:

  1. Good luck with your challenge!

    I finished my SWOON quilt too and just got it back from a wonderful quilter I found in NY! Her turnaround time is 1 week. I had contacted Mouse Creek Quilts in Howell NJ and they said I could drop quilts off and they'd let me know when they were done but I found this girl Sarah who's in my Insta Bee and she did Swoon, thread, batting, quilting and mailing for $100. If you ever need someone to do something quick, let me know and I will forward you her name and address...
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many things chosen to do this quarter. I bet that you will fall back in love with your swoon once it is put together, it is so pretty! Hope you won't be moving again for a while, I really dislike all the stress that goes with moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I am sure you will get some of those done, otherwise you are in trouble lady ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun list to work on. I stalled on my Tula one too and it didn't even make it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can do it :-) THe Swoon is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only finished my Swoon top last night and it's much smaller than yours! Keep going - it's SO worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Your swoon is gorgeous, I hope you fall back in love with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy girl!!! Hopefully the love can come back for your swoon because I think it's beautiful!! I do understand the feeling though, and those are the hardest projects to get back to sometimes. There always seems to be something better to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an admirable list with all you have going on!! Still love that Swoon, yes I do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...