Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Starts and Finishes

My sewing machine was sitting quietly last week :(
Real world day job has taken the front seat and kept me busy.
I made up for it this holiday weekend!!

Finished boyfriends 1001 Peeps quilt

The filmstrip edges are definitely my favorite part


Simple straight line stitching on either side of the vertical seams

flannel backing
hand selected by boyfriend


Woohoo! 
Boyfriend tested and approved 

In other news,
I came across the Granny Squares QAL last night...
It starts March 1st..
After seeing these blocks popping up all over the place I've decided I can't resist :)
I'll be using these..

These beauties are from Pink Chalk fabrics monthly club.
Two charm packs and coordinating fat eighths every month? yes please!

QAL starts Thursday! Are you participating too?

15 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! What a great finish! I'm sure he's thrilled...the edges are indeed the best part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boyfriend's quilt looks fabulous! And I love the fabrics you'll be using for the Granny Squares. I don't plan on starting that one yet, but I love all the blocks I see popping up. Can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking I had to start some of those cute granny squares, now that there's a quilt along, no reason not too :) And the film strip border, awesome - I'm definitely going to use that in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt!!! I love the boarder!!!

    And I can't wait to see how the Granny squares come out!! Beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the filmstrip border, lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the filmstrip bordered Peeps!

    As for the QAL, this one (you'll be amazed to hear) I'm passing on ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the boyf quilt!
    I want to say Yes to the QAL, but I have so much on the go for now - I love you fabrics (I have 2 charm packs too) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Plus quilts and the filmstrip edge looks really effective too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great quilt! And Domestic Bliss is gorgeous - can't wait to see that one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That quilt is wonderful and ya the granny squares are cool I made one last night they are cool.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    http://trackmyshows.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I joined in too! I ordered a Fandango jelly roll. Can't decide if I want to do white or maybe ash??? Love the boyfriend quilt (my BF would be jealous) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just looked through your finished quilts,,this one is my favorite! I just love it! Especially those film strip edges - gives it your own spin on the plus quilt pattern. Nice backing flannel print, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...